Question

Unitedmandy

Appartment collection
I got an apartment with someone in 2012 and I recently checked my full credit report and found out there was a collection out for it. The other person said they took care of the bill but obviously didn't end up paying it and now it's affecting my credit score! Note: we were both on the lease. Why do I have to end up getting a negative report when it was her bill? Does it affect her score as well? Do I have to just suck it up and pay it off?
Mahalo

It's on your report because your name was on the lease, so you are liable for the debt.  It will stay on for 7 years, so you can pay itf or wait for it to fall off.