Question

AnkylosingSpondylitis

Anyone know what Foreclosure redeemed on credit report means?
Ok we went through a foreclosure about 2 years ago. The house was sold at auction for an amount less of what we owe and we received a 1099 at tax time for the amount of funds that was written off by mortgage company. We ended up having to claim an extra 18k in income due to this. I assumed all was done and that a foreclosure would be on my credit report but what shows up is Foreclosure redeemed. What does this mean? Wouldn't it be a mistake? Otherwise I would assume we own the property still?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

Foreclosure redeemed

So how long does it stay on your credit? Could it be removed?

B

The same exact thing happened to me, sold at auction, but I did have an insurance claim on the house from a pipe bursting, I sent them the insurance payment of $36000, they sold it at auction and my credit report says Foreclosure Redeemed.

Lender told me

We had foreclosure and it went to sale right away in 2012. Shows foreclosed redeemed on credit report. Didn't help us get a loan but lender said it means the foreclosure was paid by property owner. Very bizarre but they still won't loan for 7 years now.

renting

can i get approved  to rent a aparetment with a  credit report that says forclosure redeemed