Anyone else have a credit dispute trigger credit score retaliation by the lender?
I filed a dispute with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regarding abuse by a lender. The lender retaliated by placing information on my credit bureau reports that told other lenders to avoid offering me credit. The information is coded and is generally understood only by other lenders. I discovered this situation when I was recently told by a lender that another lender had tagged me as a "bad boy" within the credit information system.