Question

Posted in Taxes

Tommy760

Any chance fully removing a released CA tax lien?
Was struggling for a long time knowing I owed on taxes planning to catch up one day. First time I found out I had a tax lien I saw it was already in the "released" state due to aging 7 years. It was only for about $1000 for California state taxes. Anyone know if I have a chance getting it fully removed off my credit report? Maybe send a letter to pay it 100% plus interest to the right place in exchange for them removing it?

A released tax lien means that it is paid but they are not removed unless they were filed in error. The released lien will remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date the tax debt was assessed by your state. Find out what the assessment date was and add 7 years to it and you will know when the lien will be removed by the credit reporting agency.