Question

emersondawson

and has only sparingly inched up.
Early 2012 I sold my way upside down condo in a short sale. My credit score dropped, and has only sparingly inched up.
I have about 6 Visa and/or MasterCards ... and some store credit cards that I do not use (I only took them out for the 20% first purchase when I got some big ticket items)
I always pay off every card in full every month. I only really use two cards, one for every day and one for internet transactions. Then rest I was keeping so that my credit score would go up. I charge a mininal amount monthly and pay them off immediately. (is $20 or less too little?) My credit score has not budged. (702 for 5 mo. straight) I have no mortgage, I paid cash for a mobile home, my car is paid for and I have not had a car payment for about 15 years. What can I do to get my score to go up??

First question I have is why do you want your Credit Score to go up?  What is your Goal?

You own your home out right,  you pay your bills in full every month. 

20 dollars is not to little!

I wanted to do a test on payment history and paid each of the store cards 1.25 a month for a few months.  This did increase my payment history and it does show history on the account.  Did it help my score,  ( a little not much ) but it was just to see what would happen.

Currently I'm in a Freeze of not using any credit Card ( well just one, but keeping it under 100 dollars for the statement ) to see how long I can be at a Zero utilitization.

If you have time on your hands have you looked at getting a equity loan on your mobile home?  Having a line of credit does not mean you have to use it.   I have a one on our Condo and have only used it twice.

If you have a Shortsale showing on your Credit report, might have to wait for it to drop off,  but that won't happen till 2022.