Question

gregdrebert

amex blue everyday approval
I have a score of almost 740 and didnt get approved with amex. what the heck?

Most Helpful Response

Credit score isn't the only thing the lenders uses to determine their lending decisions. That particular score might not be the one creditor uses for their decisions, you credit profiles has much more to do with their decisions than your credit scores. You can have scores of 850 but if you ever burned AmEx even if it's more than 10 years ago? You still get denied. There is no telling what lenders would choose to care about in your credit profiles.

AMEX can be a very difficult company. I too was denied the first time I applied for one of their cards and my credit was decent at the time. A year or so later I checked the preapprovals on the AMEX site and had cards available, so I did get one. Honestly, it is one of my least favorite cards. There was no zero percent intro on the card, the perks don't seem to be too good and the interest rate is kind of high. I don't plan on using it much any more. Oh, and very poor credit line increases too. Many people claim to get nice increases, I didn't get much at all. I think AMEX is overrated.