Question

syty77

All credit factors are better than last month. However score dropped 12. Why?
I may have figured it out from viewing others that had questions so I will ask two questions. I paid down CC debt, obviously credit history went 1 month longer and nothing else changed, yet the score went down 12pts. Now from reading I believe it is because in my quest to get ahead I am paying things off. I recently paid off my truck for instance and believe that this may have just caught up to me and took my score down even though all factors are positive. Assuming that is correct is it fairly easy to recover those 12 points? I am concerned because I have a much higher income than I need and I want my CC debt and my other car paid off so I simply have my mortgage and utilities for bills. How much is not carrying vehicle/loan debts going to tarnish my credit? Or will it eventually balance out and increase with great credit ratio, no late payments and credit length?

Twelve points drop is minor stuff, especially under the Vantage scoring model. I suggest you read the articles again for much needed credit education. Im found this education to be very helpful.