Question

CoBex9

Age of Credit History
I was recently taken off a credit card account as an authorized user by mistake. This account is one that I held for the longest amount of time for all my credit accounts (14 years). If I am added back to the credit card as an authorized user, will the duration for the time I have held this account continue from 14 years? Or will my duration for holding this account start back at day one? I ask because, when I was taken off the credit card as an authorized user my credit score went down. This was due to my average 'age of credit history' being decreased substantially.

Most Helpful Response

The age of the account is not how long you are an authorized user, it is the age of the account itself. Apparantely the age of the account is 14 years if that is what it was giving you. Get added back on and everything should go back just as it was. Work on building your own credit though and don't rely on others to boost your credit.

CoBex9

Thank you very much. This is extremely helpful information.