Question

LindsMcD

Affect of combining credit cards to my credit
I combined my cards through Capital One. I moved the credit limit over to the card that is my longest standing account. Can someone tell me how this will affect my credit? Will it affect it negatively?

It depends on how many accounts that you will be closing and how many other open accounts that you have on your reports. If the accounts that you close are just a small fraction of your overall accounts, then there should not be much damage. If you are closing almost all of your open accounts to convert them to one account then your scores may decrease significantly. With the credit game, the more accounts that you have in good standing, the better (to a point that is).