Question

Chewbock

Accounts in collections
My report says that I have accounts in collections but I have NEVER even heard of ANY of them!! What do I need to do?

File disputes

First thing is to get copies of all 3 credit reports and go over them carefully.  You can get them at annualcreditreport.com.  Then, any items you KNOW are not ytours, file a dispute with the credit bureau that is reporting that/those items.  Within a month, you should get a revised copy of your credit report.

Checking credit reports annually is something each and every consumer should do to make sure their credit score will be true. 

Accounts in Collections

I didn't quite understand stacyt0049's response regarding getting paid off and closed accounts off your credit reports. Is she saying that after a year you can dispute with the three credit bureaus to have them removed?