Question

Jojojo8383

Account listed as "delinquent" after settlement payment
My Amex account went into collections earlier this year. I settled last month (sent in payment, received paperwork for the settlement agreement, etc). However, my Transunion credit report listed the account as delinquent as of 11/10 - such listings have shown up every month or so, but this is *after* the settlement has been made, and I believe it may be affecting my credit score. Is there anything I can do about this most recent one? Will this just keep showing up as delinquent every month regardless of the settlement? Amex told me to talk to Transunion and vice versa.

Most negative information is reported for seven years, but loses the punch as time wears on. I am assuming that there is negative info associated with this account if it went to collections. With time and hard work you can build a great score once again.