Question

patrickward978

Account in Collections Not Showing on Credit Report
I have a $200 medical bill that went to a collections agency a few months ago that is not currently showing up on any of my credit reports. I'd like to pay it off but am afraid that if I do it will suddenly appear on my report and hurt my score. Is this true? Or will waiting to pay it off inevitably cause it to show up on my report?

Thanks

Contact them and get an agreement from them even if it is just verbal, that they will not report this account to the credit bureaus in exchange for you paying it in full right away. It is more prone to end up on your reports if you do nothing, rather than contacting them and paying it. I would be on this asap, be ready to pay in full when you contact them. Don't contact them unless you are ready to pay.