Question

67hvymtl

account closing
I have a Best buy credit card that is handled by chase bank. They sent me a letter stating they want to close the account due to inactivity. Will this hurt my credit score?

It can hurt, possibly help, or not chang

I can hurt or it may not effect it.  The age of your credit history could be affected good or bad depending on how long you have had the card. If your average age goes down it could hurt and visa versa. Also it could hurt by upping your percent of usage of available credit. If currently you have 10k worth of lines of credit and you have 2k owing, then you are 20%.  If the card closes and you then only have 9k of avaiable credit using 2k is 22%.  Depending on where that falls and if it pushes you up a step in card usage it could bring your score down.  Personally I would go and buy something inexpensive on the card and keep it open.