Question

mellyztorm

Abusive collectors
A lender bought my account from a debt collection. They were abusive and called many times every day. A male got smart with me saying I was getting an attitude with him and hung up on me. The female collector asked my fiance if he was on medication in a smart tone saying he was crazy. I continually asked them to stop calling me and my fiance and they still kept calling. Why should I have to pay this when they were being disrespectful and rude.

If you have Caller ID, just do not answer any calls from anyone you do not know.  You can tell them that all further communicatioins are to be sent to you via US Mail only, as is your right under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).  Look up this act online so you can understand your rights.  Keep a log of the calls, including date, time, things said.  Colloection agents are not to be rude, crude and obnoxious, but some disregard the rules and you just may have them in legal trouble after you learn your rights.