Question

redemption63

About Bankruptcy
I filed bankruptcy in May 2009. I just saw under status it's marked "discharged". What does that mean? Is it going to be removed from my credit report soon? If not, how long will it be on my credit report? It was a chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Thanks

Most Helpful Response

If you filed in 2009, the bankruptcy does not leave your credit reports until ten years later.  Discharge means you were discharged from the legal obligation to pay the debts shown on the bankruptcy. Now I suggest you read the articles and utilize the tools here so you can have a good understanding of credit, build a good credit score and try avoiding having to ever file again.

redemption63

I thought bankruptcy came off in 7 years! I guess i was mistaken. Thanks for replying.