Question

allisonpaiges

A year ago, I paid delinquent Capital One debt, but it's still showing unpaid on my credit report?
About a year ago, I had paid off my delinquent Capital One charge of $500 via collection agency over the phone. During the conversation, which had been a settlement and a very round-and-round exchange that made my head spin, I had mentioned to the woman that I would like to have this charge deleted off of my credit report. Seeming to have taken notice, when everything was said and done, the woman took down my address one more time to ensure that the letter would arrive--however, it never came. Now that I'm looking at my credit score, I see that the account, while closed, is still listed as unpaid. Hopefully, this is simply someone neglecting to change the status rather than an attempt to gain another $500 from me. Unfortunately, I'm unaware of the next steps to take as to how to get it deleted for good. On here, I saw advice listing a call to the collection agency (as well as mentioning the FTC) as being a good start; however, I don't know which collection agency it was to begin with. Is there a way to find out, or am I too late and am now another $500 in the hole?

I have this same problem. I paid my CO debt off a few years ago and it's on my  credit as unpaid. Right now I'm ordering my bank statement to double check but I believe you can challenge it through one of the credit reporting companies. They will give you an option to choose 'I have paid this' or something like that. They send an inquiry out and get a response for the creditor. If they come back and say you haven't make sure you have your statements because I personally plan on bringing it to court if I have to.

Still showing on credit report

I have the same issue.  I paid off the debt last year, never got anything in writing and its STILL on my credit report!! Because of that money, I couldnt rent an apartment after my domestic partner died. i will have to dig out the papers i guess and since moving i have alot to do