Question

hirwy

a debt collector has hung up on me twice today after i verified my address. what is this?
today, two different numbers called me saying they were calling to collect a debt. i know one of them is accurate, as i do owe the money. the other one, i'm not sure. anyway, once i verified my address for both of these representatives, they hung up on me. why would this happen, and what should i do?

Who knows what they are up to. They are tricky people. Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) and as soon as you find a violation, contact a FDCPA law firm and sue them.

If they hung up after getting your address, expect a letter in the mail in the near future.