Question

Posted in Taxes

sbuckapplication

A California tax lien from 2003 dropped off of my record, but it remains unsatisfied...
I currently live in San Francisco, CA. In 2002 I went homeless, and lived as a transient until I became supported in a relationship during 2004 that still supports me. I am unemployed and have no income. Two years ago, I discovered there was a California State Tax Lien on my credit report from 2003. I called the Franchise Tax Board at that time and they said they cannot help me until I have an income to pay off the lien. It is now 2014 and the tax lien has dropped off of my credit report. I remain unemployed with no income. My questions are: 1) if I get a job, will the lien re-appear on my credit report? 2) if I apply to jobs, will the employer discover that a 2003 lien was/is on my record? 3) what is the best course of action for me to take to prevent this lien from returning to my credit report?

I think you are fine. Usually with public records they have the option to resubmitt it to the courts when it is unsatisfied and stay on another 10 years if left unpaid. Seems like you are off the hook for now. Good luck my friend. My prayers are with you concerning employment.God Bless!!!

Thank you.