Question

Twink06

6 Months Past Due - How to clear it
So I do autopay for a Capital One card and it's a fized amaount. It has worked greatly for me for the past couple of year. Well, I guess in December the amount was more than $50 and therefore each month my payment did not cover it. I'm such a dummy and never checked my statements. Now, my account is overdue by 6 months! I am on a payment plan to pay off the overdue amount because I am struggling financially this month after a large medical bill.

I'm so mad at myself, how can I get these past due payments off of my account and get my score back up. I understand it takes time but maybe some of you have a good plan going forward. Less learned: check my statements!

Pretty much the only thing that you can do is to beg Capital One for forgiveness with "goodwill letters", so do some reading on them.

People Can Learn from your Mistake.!

FOLKS!

This is why you Never Put anything on Auto Pilot!

This is why you ALWAYS Read your Statements.

Suck it up and Move on,  Good Will letter won't do you much good now 5 months afterwards.   

Twink06

Gee thanks, I feel better now. 

icuhowie

Hey we have all been there, 

for 15 years my wife paid all the bills.  They did get paid, along with Late fees ,  High intrest changes etc.   I took over everything 7 years ago and said we will never be late again,  we will never pay intrest again.   Ever,   and we have not.   She is on board with everything.    Don't Be Blind to a bill, even if it is the same amount every month.   

It has taken me over 5 years to get our Credit scores over 800 and it will stay up now. 

Take Control of your Money,  Read your Statements each month.