Question

mike0121

528 score need to be 620 or better
I am in contract on a house and had over a 620 credit score till I removed the in dispute verbiage from my credit report and now I have dipped to 598. I was advised to pay off the item in dispute and getting it in writing that it is paid in full ( this was done). I was also advised to pay off some of my cards and bring down as many to be at 30% utilization I went from have 8k in outstanding debt to about 2500. Now my question is will that help to get my score back up quickly enough to get me back above the 620 I have to be. All this information is coming from the mortgage company and everywhere I read it doesn't seem if this is going to help as quickly as they say it will and I am concerned. Any input would be great.

Most Helpful Response

Mortgage Lender

Credit Utilization is a large factor in your credit score.   Follow the advice you were given above.  You may as well convert your loan to an FHA loan.  Most lenders will approve FHA files will credit scores as low as 580.

You should take all the advice the mortgage company is providing, it is good advice.

mike0121

Thank you for the reply, I guess I am concerned since I am in contract and just got a 2 week extension and the way they make it sound as if this will work and if not they won't extend anymore.