Question

soughtseven

40 TOTAL MISSED PAYMENTS ON STUDENT LOAN, NEED HELP CLEARING.
Hi,
I currently have a student loan debt of approx. 7,000. I went through a hardship in 2012 and missed 7 consecutive months about and it was marked as 120 days late on my credit report. My student loan is broken up into 4 different sections to equal one total bill.

Long story short, 4 x 10 missed payments = 40 missed payments. My credit report is above average in everything besides payment history, which of course makes up 35% of my score.

I agreed with AES to start making payments on this. My forbearance ends next month and I begin making payments then. Is there anyway I can get those 2012 missed payments deleted at all and one in 2013? What's the best possible way to get them to delete these missed payments? Since bad info stays on the credit report for 7 years, that's a long time to wait. I'm starting to rebuild my credit and all is well, except for this bombardment of missed payments.

It seems like they split up the loan in 4 loans to get you to make payments. If you don't your credit score will drop 150 points like mine did. I really need help. I already asked them and they said there's no way in possible they can delete those missed payments. What can I do?

Been there, unfortunately and the missed payments stay.  Student loans are the one financial account that cannot generally be discharged in bankruptcy, nor is there a statute of limitations on them.  They remain collectable until paid in full.  I'm still patiently waiting for my student loans that are paid to fall kkoff the reports and there is nothing I can do to speed up the process.  Sorry.