Question

shawnallen

17 year old unpaid small claims judgement, what effect does it still have? Out of country 16 yrs.
I will be coming back to USA after 16 yrs, and have thin credit report, can't pull one. All that could be on my record is a judgement for something I stupidly just ignored in small claims. Will this effect my credit report when I get back and try to get established again?

If you have not used any credit here in the US for 16 years then you probably do not have a score.  There should be nothing on your report.

it would have been deleted long ago, i wouldn't worry about it reporting. keep in mind judgements as entered in by courts/judges do not go away just because they have been deleted from your report. these things can show up when you go to purchase a home (they usually do a judgement search at the courthouse).