11/10, I received a default judgment from MidlandFund for $466.
T/U shows $554. It's set to fall off in 10/17. Do I wait for this fall off or do I pay it off? How can I make sure this never shows up again on my report when I pay? If I let it fall off, can I still pay it? Do I need to make arrangements with Midland to do that? All of the information out there is confusing and paying a lawyer for this small amount seems silly. I'd like to try to take care of it myself. Second thing, there is an old account on my transunion report only from Midland Fund. The original account according to transunion was opened in 2004 (also in NYC). However, Midland is reporting 2012, which is incorrect. Do I dispute this directly with Transunion as they are the only ones showing this on my report? The other two aren't reporting any negatives except the judgment. I don't want to renew any debts by contacting Midland without rhyme or reason.