We think it's important for you to understand how we make money. It's pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That's why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don't represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
|No origination or prepayment penalty fees||Not available in most states|
|Competitive interest rates||Unsecured loans require minimum credit scores of 700|
What you need to know about a TD Bank personal loan
TD Bank — one of the largest banks in the U.S., according to the Federal Reserve — offers unsecured personal loans in amounts up to $50,000.
Different loan options
TD Bank offers two types of personal loans.
- TD Express Loan — This loan is offered in amounts ranging from $2,000 to $25,000. And if you’re approved, you may receive your funds as soon as 48 hours after you apply.
- TD Fit Loan — Unsecured loan amounts range from $2,000 to $50,000. To qualify for an unsecured loan, you’ll need credit scores of 700 or above.
TD Bank offers competitive fixed interest rates on its personal loans, based on factors including your credit, desired loan amount and where you live. And you’ll get a 0.25% rate discount on your personal loans if you set up automatic payments from a personal TD Bank checking or savings account.
TD Bank doesn’t charge prepayment penalties or origination fees on its personal loans. If you make a late payment, a fee of 5% of the minimum payment due or $10 (whichever is less) applies.
There’s no late payment fee or prepayment penalty.
A closer look at TD Bank personal loans
Here are a few additional things to know about TD Bank personal loans.
- Not in most states: TD Bank personal loans are offered in Washington, D.C. and 15 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia and Vermont.
- Use limitations: TD Bank Express Loans can’t be used for educational expenses.
- Loan terms: Personal loan terms range from 12 months to 60 months.
Who a TD Bank personal loan is good for
If you want a personal loan and your credit scores are below 700, or you live in a state where TD Bank doesn’t offer personal loans, you’ll need to consider other lenders.
How to apply with TD Bank
You can apply for a TD Bank personal loan online, over the phone or at a branch.
Regardless of how you apply, you’ll need to provide this information during the application process.
- Social Security number
- Address and housing information (for example, whether you rent or own)
- Contact information
- Date of birth
- Monthly housing expenses
- Employment history and income
- Desired loan amount
- Loan purpose
Once you submit your personal loan application, a TD Bank lending specialist should contact you with a decision within one business day.
Not sure if TD Bank is right for you? Consider these alternatives.
- Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo might be good for someone who wants a larger loan amount.
- LendingPoint: LendingPoint could be a good option for people with lower credit scores.