Credit Karma Debuts First-Ever Platform That Gives Consumers Their Full Financial Picture
“Insight” Platform Presents Financial Accounts and Credit Scores Side-by-Side, Empowering Members to Take Control of Current Spending and Set Future Goals
April 2, 2013
Credit Karma, a personal finance technology company with more than 11 million members, today announced Insight: a secure online platform that displays financial accounts and credit scores in one place. With Insight, consumers now have a completely free, 360-degree view of their financial health, as well as many other tools and resources to maintain and improve their finances.
“We believe that taking control of your finances should be simple and transparent,” said Ken Lin, CEO and founder of Credit Karma. “We know it can be frustrating to log onto multiple sites to check your finances and your credit situation, so Insight is our solution to that problem. The new platform’s technology can quickly assess your entire financial health – including your credit score – and present more relevant suggestions on how to improve your financial situation.”
Insight’s all-inclusive platform empowers consumers by revealing how financial decisions impact their credit score, which is a key indicator of overall financial health. Yet few people are aware of the importance of credit scores: a recent survey conducted by Credit Karma and Harris Interactive found only 10 percent of Americans check their credit scores regularly, while 80 percent review their checking accounts at least once a month.
Other key features of Insight include:
- Dashboard of all financials: checking and savings accounts, mortgages, car loans, student loans, credit cards
- My Spending: a tool that tracks where money is coming from, and where it is going, for all linked accounts
- Credit scores and credit monitoring
- Email alerts that keep members in control of their full financial picture: updates when an important change occurs in the credit report, reminders when a bill is due, notifications when a large purchase is made, etc.
- Comparison of credit standing to other consumers within the same demographic
- Money-saving offers and recommendations tailored to a member’s individual financial situation
- Encryption technology used by federally insured, online banks
To sign up for Credit Karma Insight, register at www.creditkarma.com. Credit Karma is also available for mobile on the Android and iOS platforms.
About Credit Karma
Credit Karma provides more than 11 million members free financial peace of mind by tracking their credit and finances all in one place. Credit Karma’s goal is to help its members make the most of their credit by offering insightful saving recommendations based on unique data comparisons. It also provides financial education and access to free tools, such as the free Credit Report Card and credit card statistics, which empower consumers to take charge of their financial health. To learn more, visit www.creditkarma.com.
Back To All Press Releases