Dated: October 29, 2020
Credit Karma was built upon a singular mission — to make financial progress possible for everyone. So far, we’ve done this with free access to credit scores, reports, personalized credit offers, and other tools and education. But many of the opportunities that lay ahead are still unknown. So are you up for the challenge?
We’re excited that you’ve made it this far! This privacy notice provides information about how Credit Karma, Inc. and its affiliates (“Credit Karma”) collect and process personal information about Credit Karma job applicants like yourself (excluding applicants who reside within the European Economic Area, who are subject to a different notice available [here]).
- WE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect directly from you:
- Name and contact details: This is basic personal data about you, and how to get in touch with you. It includes your current home address, email address and telephone number, among other things.
- Date of birth
- Right to work in the US: You will be asked to provide relevant documentation for us to check eligibility both at the application stage, and if you commence employment with us, to repeat those checks at intervals throughout the employment relationship.
- Other application details: Your resume, or CV, and previous work history including work references, qualifications including educational details (e.g., educational history, certifications, skills), and where applicable, professional memberships, your reasons for applying and suitability for the position, and other details you provide in the application form, during the application process, or during interview(s).
- Photograph used for identification purposes during the onsite interview process.
- Health or disability information (where applicable)
Information we collect about you from other sources:
- Criminal records and background and credit check information, including information from your professional references (as allowed by law). In some circumstances we will use a third party service provider to verify the personal information you submit in the course of your application, including through reference checks and where applicable, background checks as described above.
- Publicly available professional profiles on websites or social media (e.g., LinkedIn).
- Information about your performance or conduct from references or clients or service providers you worked with and who may provide feedback about you.
- Information about your relationship with previous employers, including prior work experience.
- Your CV or resume from third parties that may provide it to us, such as recruitment firms.
- WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES
This section explains the purposes for which we collect and process personal data about you. We respect your privacy, so how we use your personal data will depend on the stage of the application process.
To manage the recruitment process:
- To review your information on platforms such as LinkedIn, for the purpose of identifying potential candidates for the job. We might also transfer your details from these platforms into our applications platform, to assess your skills, qualifications and interests, and to facilitate your application should you choose to apply.
- To make sure we attribute our records and any employee checks to the correct person and, where needed, for any minimum qualifying age applicable to the position in question.
- To send you information about other positions within Credit Karma in accordance with your preferences.
- To communicate with you and (on a need to know basis) relevant CK personnel involved in the recruitment process, and relevant third parties.
- To record and demonstrate how we have conducted the application and recruitment process and arrived at our decision regarding your application.
- To deal with your inquiries and requests.
- To operate, evaluate, and improve the application platform and recruitment processes.
For employment screening checks if we decide to make you an offer of employment:
- These checks will be carried out if you’re offered the position and will depend on the role you’ve applied for. Completion of these checks will require you to present certain documentation or provide additional details, and may require acknowledgement from you. Further details will be provided with any offer of employment. Checks may include identity verification, your employment and educational references, your qualifications, your credit file, criminal record and fraud prevention checks.
For making reasonable disability adjustments (as applicable):
- To ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for disability or health conditions throughout the recruitment process and, if your application is successful, to prepare for you commencing employment.
For legal and regulatory purposes
To comply with the law, we may need to do things like:
- Checking your right to work in the US.
- Respond to and defend any legal claims that may arise out of the recruitment process.
- Provide information to law enforcement agencies to comply with our legal obligations, or of our own choice where we consider there is a compelling reason to do so to protect our employees, visitors, our customers (or their customers), or our general business interests.
You can contact us about issues relating to your personal data, including the contents of this notice, by emailing us at email@example.com.