Credit Card Reviews

Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 1,493
Data Created: October 01, 2013

33 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 33Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 4   Previous | Next

CK 697 - Was approved instantly for Southwest Premier Visa Signature $15.5k @ 15.24%. Received the card in about 4 days. I applied when there was only 1 free flight offered, however, by the time i received the card the offer was for 50k points (2 free flights). I emailed customer service after receiving the card asking if they could give me the 25k points on top of the 25k points i received to match the current offer. Their reply was that they would be glad to do it as it would just be good business. I was impressed. Shortly after getting the card my wife and I decided to use the free flights for our anniversary trip, but i found out that it takes Chase up to 2 billing cycles to credit the points and up to 30 days for Southwest to credit those points to your rapid rewards account. Once again i logged into my chase account and sent a "secure message" to Chase asking if I could have the points sooner. Next day i had an email back saying that they would be glad to credit my points sooner, by the end of next business day i had my points in my Southwest account. I've been very impressed with the general service.

Customer service number on the back of the card, an actual person picked up when i called. That was something i've never had with any other card.

The 50k points was actually more than enough for two tickets for us. We only spent 35k points on two tickets from RI to FL and back with enough points left over for a 3rd ticket for some other time :)

rushartem's review was:

Apr 30, 2012 Reply

rushartem(1, 62)

Review by rushartem

well its been a year how do you like this card now ? and you say your CKscore was 697 , was that ck or vantage score ?

topnacci's reply was:

Mar 14, 2013

topnacci(8, 7)

Review by topnacci

Excellent signup bonus! Helpful to 12 out of 12 people

Approved last month with a CK - 696.

They pulled my Experian at 727. Some how TU/CK always have me 20-30 points lower than my Experian/Equifax scores. Oh well.

Approved for $13k at 15.24%.

The 50,000 miles bonus is what did it for me. As fairly frequent traveler I was always with Delta. However now with a family, you're hard pressed to find a better deal than Southwest. Yes, they are the school buses of the skies, but hey, check in 24 hours early and you get a good boarding assignment and their staff is usually pretty happy.

2 bags per person free, and where I fly out of - ABQ, NM, their frequent flights give me excellent options to get around. With Delta it was always a 6am to ATL or SLC. Southwest has multiple routes and even several non-stops direct from my airport. The other huge benefit was the points. They say good enough for two round trip flights but if you look around as I did, I can use the points to visit family on both sides of the US for 4 rounds trips with that 50k bonus. With the additiona of the airTran system this will hopefully open up some south of the border options as well as the Caribbean for redemption. This will become my daily use card and won't be carrying a balance on it.

Mikey973's review was:

Oct 04, 2013 Reply

Mikey973(2, 13)

Review by Mikey973

Outstanding Card - Southwest Premier Helpful to 9 out of 9 people

I was instantly approved for $14,500 and an interest rate of 15.24%. My CK at the time I applied was 685. There are two derogitory marks on my credit report which I thought would impact my application. Was pleasantly suprised when I was approved, especially with the higher credit limit and interest rate. Getting the 50,000 points was a nice bounus to an already great card.

Since acquiring the card I've made several large purchases with it, which has quickly added points to my Southwest account. Another outstanding bonus was using the card internationally. There are no fees when you travel abroad, unlike other credit card companies. This was also a factor in why I selected this card.

Halen21's review was:

Apr 30, 2013 Reply

Halen21(1, 9)

Review by Halen21

Great card. Got approved with a 750 credit score for 20,000.00. use the card all the time and the points keep building. Just got another credit increase after a year now my limit is 28,000.00

forty9rman's review was:

Aug 08, 2012 Reply

forty9rman(4, 17)

Review by forty9rman

It's hard to believe I'm writing such a positive review about a card from Chase, but they've really changed over the past several years.  They were really awful in the past, and now they've gone past "ok" all the way to excellent.  When there's an issue, it's one phone call, and it gets resolved.  Southwest has the easiest  rewards system to deal with, and this card gives a rewards return rate of 1.6%.   Best surprise was several months ago when I closed another Chase account I wasn't using.  They instantly offered to take the credit limit from that account and add it to my Southwest Rewards account.  That was great since I was able to close an unused account without lowering my available credit overall.

omeinv's review was:

Sep 07, 2012 Reply

omeinv(1, 15)

Review by omeinv

752 CK, originally denied for too many requests for credit (which makes sense, I had just opened a Chase Freedom card about a month ago), but called the reconsideration line, explained that I expected to be flying a lot this year and was looking for a good airline card, and was approved.  They're really understanding, so don't hesitate to call if you're denied.  Can't wait to make a purchase and get my 25k bonus miles.  What a deal.

kronke's review was:

Jan 26, 2012 Reply

kronke(2, 16)

Review by kronke

Instantly Approved Helpful to 10 out of 11 people

I have a 767 credit score and was instantly approved for the Southwest Airlines credit card!  The credit limit is the highest I've ever received too at $25,000.  Looking forward to using the card!

swakefield's review was:

Mar 01, 2013 Reply

swakefield(5, 21)

Review by swakefield

Instantly approved for $5000 visa signature card with 682 Credit Karma score. My score is low because I have 42% CC utilization; beyond high utilization, I have never had a late payment or negative mark on my credit.

ronsnexus's review was:

Sep 08, 2012 Reply

ronsnexus(2, 11)

Review by ronsnexus

Applied for this card with a CK score of 694 and was approved for a $5k limit.  Received the card about a week after applying and got the 25k points 2 weeks after that.  They'll be credited with your first statement as long as you've made a purchase.  Transferred balances from higher interest cards and also received RR points for that.  So far so good!

jln82's review was:

Mar 10, 2012 Reply

jln82(7, 36)

Review by jln82

Got approved with a $5k limit! Received two free flights and I have been very happy with the card!

Jun 14, 2012 Reply

• Purchase Intro APR Not
    Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 15.24%* Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (33)

Top Similar Cards

Chase Card services offers a diverse assortment of products and benefits for consumers’ credit needs, such as rewards cards, travel cards, miles cards, business cards, student cards, as well as its most popular credit card, the Chase Freedom card. Chase also has numerous partnerships with retailers and merchants for co-branded credit cards backed by Chase. Credit cards are issued by Chase Bank, the banking subsidiary of JP Morgan Chase & Co and one of the biggest banks in the United States. Chase Bank provides personal banking, small business, mortgage, auto finance, investing, and a full-service array of banking services.

Chase Bank, formerly known as Chase Manhattan Bank, grew rapidly in the past decade, merging with J.P. Morgan & Co. in 2000 and renamed to Chase Bank. Today, Chase is one of the biggest banks in the United States. Established over 200 years ago, JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services company with more than $2.1 trillion in assets with operations in 60 countries.

Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card