Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 305
Data Created: October 01, 2013

67 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 67Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Excellent so far Helpful to 31 out of 31 people

I recently received my Fingerhut card with a credit limit of $400.00 in July 2012. Since then I  made two payments and  Fingerhut increase my credit limit to $800.00, without me asking for one.  I was surprised, and say thank you. My FICO score is around 600.

Atlwarrior's review was:

timlisa49's reply was:

Dec 26, 2013

timlisa49(3, 2)

Review by timlisa49

Ok, this really is a good card for rebuilding credit. If you're looking for Walmart pricing and 7% interest, move along. There is some good info posted if you go through the 2 pages of reviews on here. My CK/TU was 580 and was denied for the standard FIngerhut credit...BUT they have the FRESH STart that they will offer for almost anyone. Scores a 525 right off Ch-7? This might be the only card you can count on (other than Capital One Secured card)

Previews reviews posted that are accurate: 1) not lowest priced, but online coupons to help with shipping AND, keeping your purchases to $25-45 or so, then paying off over 1 or 2 payments, is a great strategy

As I mentioned , I was denied the main credit (just out of Ch-7_ so TU score was coming back from 525-585 a couple of months ago) Regardless, as I mentioned, they still offered the Fresh Start Credit

Typical offer, ONE time purchase of up to $175 for upfront payment of $30, then they start an installment loan.You can take up to 6 months I think to payoff, but you only have to make at least a $50 purchase, and can pay off in as little as one payment. I bought shoes on clearance for $55, paid $30 down, then paid the statement off once it went out. After 60 days of start of Installment loan, they will Upgrade/convert to a revolving Credit line of at least $200. (Hope that makes sense to those reqding about this program the first time)

So, I have a Installment Tradeline that lasted one month, but will show for up to 10 years as paid as agreed, and a 2nd tradeline, a revolving Credit line which helps CC Utilization, as well as another positive tradeline.

Oh, and it was reported accurately by someone else, it Does report to Transunion and Equifax, but not Experian.

Just recently, WebBank was given the credit account instead of Metabank, just a FYI incase of previous experiences wiith WebBank for some.

-----------------------------

I was being turned down for everything right after Chapter 7 (reached too far, too soon) but having this and OrchardBank (CapitalOne bought out) Secured card are 2 solid, easy ways of rebuilding credit

Larryhay1's review was:

Jul 05, 2012 Reply

Larryhay1(6, 39)

Review by Larryhay1

Not bad Helpful to 19 out of 19 people

Before I go on to talk about the "cards" pros and cons, I would like to start by saying that Fingerhut is one of the few creditors that will literally approve ANYONE that applies. This is great for those who are wanting to establish credit, or recover from a bankruptcy who don't want to go the secured card route. They are also one of the few creditors(not just sub-prime lenders, but all cc companies) that give regular cli's to those who use their credit line responsibly.

The Good:

-- They will approve just about anyone.
-- Regular credit line increases(I got my first $100 increase in the first month of having     the card)

-- OK-ish selection of name brand items available.

-- Average to good customer service depending on who you deal with.

-- No yearly fees.

-- Website doesn't look like it was put together by a dyslexic 5th grader(I don't know about    everyone else, but to me this is a huge plus).

-- Low payments

The Bad:

-- High APR(mine was like 22.8 or something. This will vary depending on your "credit          worthiness").

-- Items are expensive. A TV on Fingerhut costs roughly 25% more than if you bought it at

any other retailer.

-- If you have a thin file, or if you have really low scores you might be placed in          Fingerhut's "fresh start" program. If this happens, you will be given a $250 limit and be    required to put down a $30 deposit on your first purchase. This might come off as an       inconvenience to some(if so, you probably shouldn't be considering a cc in the first       place), but it's still better than paying a company $300 to use your own money.

-- I could be wrong about this(please correct me if I am) but fromy experience the only       CRI that fingerhut consistently reports to is Transunion. After a bit of digging, I've found that a few people had Fingerhut report to Equifax as well, but my credit report       would beg to differ.This more than likely won't be a problem for most people, but if    you're setting up this account as a means of establishing credit, this could be an issue.

The Verdict:

All in all Fingerhut is definitely something worth looking into if you need to establish/repair credit, or just simply want something on their site but don't have the means to pay for it all up front(given the mark up of their items, I would strongly advise that you don't do this).

In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons,however; if you have more than a year of credit history and 650+ scores, I would suggest looking into either the Amazon Visa(Experian), or the Best Buy(Transunion) Store card. Both have semi-high APR's, but their approval rate is good, and you can purchase pretty much any item found on Fingerhut for 15%-25% less.

forrestselix's review was:

Jun 17, 2013 Reply

forrestselix(3, 202)

Review by forrestselix

I have had a fingerhut account for 6 months. I only made one purchase so far and it went smoothly. Paying was a bit of a headache cause I wanted to pay off the next day after the purchase. With no invoice in my account i had to call customer service, but the rep that took my payment waved their fee. Reason I gave 4 stars is because they report to Equifax and Transunion only. With all that said if you don't mind paying alittle more for merchandise and you need a company to give you a shot for credit it is worth a try. When I applied my credit score was 550 and I got a $300 CL

kosmos709's review was:

Dec 09, 2011 Reply

kosmos709(2, 17)

Review by kosmos709

Well i have had fingerhut for almost a year. i started out with a 400.00 credit limit...made a 40.00 purchase than my credit limit went up to 700.00...i pay everyweek on this..make purchases..small ones nothing big..promo codes work good also..thats my suggestion basically u pay out of ur butt for shipping so use the PROMO CODES...10.00 off 25.00 or more purchase. so needless to say now it is two mths later after my last  300.00 increase...and my credit limit is now 1100:) so thats 700.00 increase in about 6 mths or so...not bad..also they do report to the companies..and do put your credit limit on there as well so all that say they dont are wrong. my only suggestion is again...do not buy anything over 100 bucks unless u r going to pay it off quick..

Oct 16, 2011 Reply

Applied in Nov 2012. Approved with $400 cl. Took a while to show up on cr. I haven't received a bill yet, by mail or email. But I can set up payments online and see my credit used, etc. it's kind of difficult to shop with them to utilize the card when items are out of stock or shipping charges for certain items cost more than the item cost. I just used under $100 on it so it will show up as an active account on my cr. I will update on when I receive my bill and how it reflects on my cr after I make a payment.

kb140216's review was:

Dec 26, 2012 Reply

kb140216(3, 13)

Review by kb140216

fingerhut Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I think its a great way to build credit.

blueeyelady32's review was:

Nov 18, 2012 Reply

blueeyelady32(1, 6)

Review by blueeyelady32

Great so far! Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I was preapproved for $300 back in June 2012 with a mail offer with a CS of 580. I responded in September and was approved for $350. It didn't show up as a listed account until I just recently purchased a Christmas rug for $6, but that was the main reason I made a cheap purchase to show the account as active. High products, but a great way to rebuild credit!

jamesy8907's review was:

Nov 14, 2012 Reply

jamesy8907(2, 10)

Review by jamesy8907

I applied and got approved for $200, couple months back. Bought something for $45 but got it for $30 after fingerhut coupons/promo codes and paid it in full when got bill invoice. They gave me $200 CLI($400 total) in one month, haven't bought anything else but I'm sure they will increase everytime, if your responsible and pay on time/or in full. Prices might crazy(so buy something cheap, under $100), but if your looking for those easy extra credit score points, this is the way to go! They only report to Transunion and Equifax!

youngpzo's review was:

Aug 01, 2012 Reply

youngpzo(15, 30)

Top Contributor

Review by youngpzo

Top Contributor

Nice Company Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Had a credit line established with this company. Paid it off and am considering another credit line with them.

GiGi4Grands's review was:

Jan 28, 2013 Reply

GiGi4Grands(6, 9)

Review by GiGi4Grands

Results 1-10 of 67Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Fingerhut Credit® Account

Cardholder Rating Distribution (67)

Top Similar Cards

MetaBank issues credit cards and prepaid cards through its bank component, and also through its Meta Payment Systems division, an international electronic payment systems. An array of debit cards, credit cards, and gift cards are issued through MetaBank. Meta Payment Systems also offers credit and prepaid cards with more than 1,000 partner brands operated nationwide. MetaBank is known for its prepaid card and credit products that cater to poor credit, sup-prime consumers.

Headquartered in Storm Lake, Iowa, Meta Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for MetaBank and Meta Payment Systems. Meta Financial Group's primary banking businesses include deposits, loans, and other financial products and services. Meta Financial Group is a federally-chartered savings bank that caters to Iowa's market areas of Brookings, Central Iowa, Northwest Iowa, and Sioux Empire.

Fingerhut Credit® Account