Credit Card Reviews

Orchard Bank Classic MasterCards

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score at the time of approval for cardholders approved during a given month.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 990
Data Created: October 01, 2013

485 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 485Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 49   Previous | Next

For people who think everyone with poor credit is irresponsible and we just need to "pay our bills on time and stop complaining"  Sometimes it isn't that easy I had a 756 credit score and then got diagnosed with Gestational Trophoblastic Desease (a form of cancer) was hospitalized twice, had emergency sergury and underwent chemo for 6 months.  I was out of work and got behind on my bills.  Some companies are just unwilling to work with me on payment plans and therefore I am stuck trying to catch back up and find ways to work myself back up from a drop to 499.  I am currently at 587 after close to one year cancer-free.  I am struggling and it is not due to being irresponsible... it is due to the uncontrolable things in LIFE.

amhutchinson's review was:

Nov 14, 2010 Reply

amhutchinson(1, 187)

Review by amhutchinson

Life sucks and the credit scoring system is unfair,illegal and discriminates on the poor and middle income families.

clagos7's reply was:

May 20, 2012

clagos7(2, 21)

Review by clagos7

From a friend from the south. You are a strong person and just know all things work together for them that love the lord, and just keep the faith it will get better. stay encourged

123THANKYOU's reply was:

Apr 26, 2012

123THANKYOU(1, 16)

Review by 123THANKYOU

Unfortunately, people do think that way and that is just due to their small minded and ignorance. I owned a business and the business faltered during the downturn of the economy. What people forget is that just because you no longer make the money, you still have obligations that do not go way. When you have an overhead for lets say $15,000 per month and you earn $25,000. You don't see a problem, however once the income goes from $25,000 to let's $8,000 that means you are now coming out of the pocket $7000. Many felt they maybe able to recover by adjusting somethings and some never had to deal with something like this.

In my case I was trying to hold on, I kept pulling out of my savings every month and trying to change things which again cost money. My business was established I didn't have to spend a whole lot on advertising but when it got bad, I needed to do something and I figured paying for advertising would do it, which it didn't it just put me more in the whole. So after this, you still have credit card payments, equipment payments, etc. Eventually you have to let go. A lot of my creditors didn't budge when I asked for some type of relief, ironically it was only after I was completely tapped out and basically threw in the towel that they were willing to work with me and I told them it's too late now, when I kept calling I was able to make some things work but since you tapped me all the way out I have nothing left. So here I am with bad credit.

I don't need the credit as I pay everything cash now and I have recovered severaly in my income, so I got into the habit to just pay cash. I just know I have to rebuild my credit in case of an emergency but I won't use credit like a have in the past. It is evil to me know like poison.

dbatl2012's reply was:

Sep 24, 2011

dbatl2012(15, 157)

Review by dbatl2012

Top Contributor

Totally agree. Medical issues are one of the top reasons for BK too. Good luck and stay healthy!

hardeight's reply was:

Nov 14, 2010

hardeight(1739, 926)

Review by hardeight

Top Contributor

Happy to hear that you are cancer free.  Congratulations!!!

mekamek's reply was:

Aug 11, 2013

mekamek(1, 1)

Review by mekamek

People judge way to easy when they shouldnt especially in this economy. I too know what you mean and went thru 8 months on a feeding tube last year after 5 surgeries. It really messes up your credit and life. These creditors have no empathy and are so quick to ruin your credit. Its to bad there was something to prevent them from doing so in such circumstances. All we can do is pick ourselves up, hold our heads high and start rebuilding. Best of Luck.

kidsrmylife4ever's reply was:

Mar 01, 2012

kidsrmylife4ever(2, 1)

Review by kidsrmylife4ever

awesome job explaiing this to the judgemental idiots out there good luck and God Blessings to you

ricky2366's reply was:

Jan 07, 2012

ricky2366(2, 2)

Review by ricky2366

I hope your health has improved. Good luck in your struggle,,,,your credit rating is not that important, compared to your well being....Ill see you at 790-825 in no time! ;-)

bonoboy's reply was:

Nov 30, 2011

bonoboy(1, 1)

Review by bonoboy

I"m very sorry to about your medical issues. I hope you are doing better. I had a similar evernt. I ws hosptialized and wasn't able to make my monthly payments on my bills. I could substantiate everything. I wasn't even able to return to work but I did begin receving long term disability after three months and after two years I was able to receive to two pensions.

Even thought I had been some of my account for over 25 years, they charged me late fees and increased my interest rates to 29.99%. I could not get all of my creditors to work with me because I had wanted to pay my accounts; not at 29.99%.

Eventually, bankruptcy was the best option or I might have lost my home. I didn't want to choose that option. I was forced into it.

My creditors made a choice between accessisively penalizing me ang guauging me or taking a total loss. They chose the total loss. Bankruptcy turned out to be less damaging to my credit history/score than the futile attempt of negotiating with the banks and paying off the accounts.

There reluctance to work with me was their choice.  So, it was a lose-lose propostion for all of us. I suppose that's what one would call being penny wise and pound foolish. Let them eat cake!

JohnHoer's reply was:

Feb 16, 2011

JohnHoer(89, 56)

Review by JohnHoer

Top Contributor

I feel for you, I have a 571 score with 37 negative items and 33 of them are all medical, mostly on my ex-wife but I will be stuck paying them.  This is with filing bankruptcy in 2005 and here I am again looking crappy.  However, I am slowly getting it better.

jstansbery's reply was:

Apr 22, 2012

jstansbery(2, 1)

Review by jstansbery

Good for you!! And congrats on regaining your health.  I wish you the best.

scottyscar's reply was:

Mar 20, 2012

scottyscar(1, 1)

Review by scottyscar

Thank you for pointing out that credit is not just about 'not complaining and paying on time', uncontrollable things in life  happen!  I am happy that you are cancer free 1 yr!  I got very sick - took approx. 6 mths to get dianosis of MS and many yrs now of drs!  Life doesn't always turn out as we plan, but am thankful to keep going.  It is frustrating that many do not understand that credit is not easy to maintain when you are fighting to live and pay doctors and perscriptions, etc...  I appreciate you pointing this out -thanks again.  I hope you are able to Stay healthy.

aVa4u's reply was:

Dec 19, 2013

aVa4u(1, 0)

Review by aVa4u

Know how you feel.  Same thing happened to my wife.  This was before we got married.  She had a credit score of 740, had to go on a leave-of-abcess from work because of collon problems.  Was off from work about 8 months with recovering from several surgeries.  She got behind on all of her bills except her house and car note, she had disability insurance on them, so they were taken care of but all her other credit bills went without being paid on and some creditors WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU.  She has always paid her bills on time until this happened.  Now her credit score is down to a 499.  Its hard trying to rebuild.  Nobody wants to give you a chance to rebuild your credit.  All they see is that bad credit score now.  They don't care to hear why it has dropped so low.  All you can do is put it in God's hands and depend on him.

squreel's reply was:

Dec 10, 2013

squreel(1, 0)

Review by squreel

I feel you I have graves disease luckily not cancer but it had the same effect on my credit score when I had to get radioactive iodine helthcare costs ALOT of money and it left me with little to pay bills I figured it was more importaint to have life, food,shelter,and water...but my credit companies disagreed. go figure... I hope you are able to get your credit back in order...Im rooting for you. :)

I'm finally back up to 607! only took three years...

MSommer07's reply was:

MSommer07(1, 0)

Review by MSommer07

Congradulations on being cancer free after your struggle. Hard to say but I've heard it is easier to file bankruptcy after such a hardship and just start over.

kelglen's reply was:

kelglen(1, 0)

Review by kelglen

god bless you

imLEGEND's reply was:

imLEGEND(3, 0)

Review by imLEGEND

congrats on one-year cancer free! I am facing medicl problems too...2 years out of work, finally got disability started, was separated from husbasnd the whole time, have lupus, kidney failure, fibromyalgia, and unexplained black-outs. Paid what I could, but two monster-mega banks wouldn't work with me. I'm going to give this a shot. I need something as a back-up. Bless you and good luck.

kja533's reply was:

Sep 07, 2011

kja533(1, 0)

Review by kja533

Great you ae Cancer free!!!! Keep up the good work!

texassouthern's reply was:

amyrenee's reply was:

Jul 06, 2011

amyrenee(1, 0)

Review by amyrenee

agree completely....i was diagnosed with crps, hypothyroidism, and was in a car accident recently...things happen and its not like our economy is all about helping people who have had to deal with the things of life.

Kristadm626's reply was:

Jun 27, 2011

Kristadm626(1, 0)

Review by Kristadm626

Glad to know you are Cancer Free and hope you stay that way I lost my mother to cancer 15 years ago I know it can be tough I have had hospital bills and what not that are beyond my control as well but havent been able to get a credit card :-(

BekahBoo80's reply was:

Apr 01, 2011

BekahBoo80(1, 0)

Review by BekahBoo80

Thank you for that message. I agree with you totally. I myself had cancer which know me off my feet for over a year. Went from having perfect credit to barely having one. Build my self back up have been laid off for almost 2 years struggling to keep my credit up. I just fell to 599 and not liking it but working on bringing it back up even without having a steady income coming in because this means a lot to me. As you say uncontrolable things in LIFE.

rockcottage's reply was:

Mar 09, 2011

rockcottage(1, 0)

Review by rockcottage

idk about this card but congrats on your health!

Taysia10's reply was:

Mar 02, 2011

Taysia10(1, 0)

Review by Taysia10

Congrats on being cancer free! I am also a cancer survivor so I understand your plight.  Many hugs to you. Stay strong!

KMC39's reply was:

Feb 04, 2011

KMC39(2, 2)

Review by KMC39

You are absolutely correct....god bless you and good luck with everything!

Beauty2326's reply was:

Jan 16, 2011

Beauty2326(1, 0)

Review by Beauty2326

I agree no one knows what some people may go through. I'm sure everyone wishes to have good credit on a continuous basis however, unforseen circumstances can arise and cause hardship. So no one can judge anyone. The ones who provide negative feedback are the main ones who aren't responsible and have no justification for being irresponsible, which makes it easier for them to lash out with negative thoughts. Misery loves company.

peachesing's reply was:

Nov 24, 2010

peachesing(2, 0)

Review by peachesing

My point is that they said that the pre-approval inquiries do not hurt you. When I got pre-approved for a secured card only. I didn't want an unsecured card and did not pursue it. But, the soft inquiries are being used to factor in the credit analysis for my credit score and for my auto insurance credit score.  WE WERE NOT ADVISED OF THAT. So, these soft inquiries negatively impacted my credit score. This is misleading information.

In fact, aren't we told that soft inquiries do not impact our credit scores at all. Now, I'm beginning to wonder how many other variables soft inquires impact. But, no one has answered this question. Please do!!

JohnHoer's reply was:

Feb 16, 2011

JohnHoer(89, 56)

Review by JohnHoer

Top Contributor

I have not had any issues with this card.  I applied for it before I knew about creditKarma.  I started with a credit rating of 500 and they issued me a limit of $300.  I have had it for about a year now and they have raised my limit to $500.  I will keep the card to help my credit rating improve. I am now at a 575 so it is working.  I am paying a $49 annual fee.

Urbanlu's review was:

swofford25's reply was:

Jan 23, 2012

swofford25(2, 1)

Review by swofford25

Read a lot of the reviews on here and just want to help everyone out: no one credit card will help you build your credit. YOU will help you build your credit. Any card can help your score go up, it's up to you to use the card properly and play the FICO game, to make your score go up!

Here's one piece of advice for everyone reading this. If you're trying to rebuild your credit (which most reading this probably are), you can't change the past. But, you can make the right decisions going forward. Since you've already decided to never miss a payment again, focus on the other major part of your credit score: the amount of available credit vs the amount of balances. If you only have $300 total available credit, then never carry more than $100 in balances! If you have $1000 in total credit, never carry more than $300 in balances.

Nov 22, 2011 Reply

Good contribution. I lke this one. Looking forward is the best choice. No matter how many times we failed in the past. If we want to see a change then we have to work hard. The best company to fix our credit is ourselves.

Wichie682's reply was:

Nov 22, 2011

Wichie682(73, 100)

Review by Wichie682

Top Contributor

This is a HUGE MISTAKE for anyone who has no idea about credit or someone whom believes this will help your score!! Don't waste your hard earned money on these crazy fees!! Good God! if you are going to try to raise your score dont apply for this card, there are more horro stories than you will ever hear about.

There are so many NON fees cards to people with less than perfect credit and they wont rip you off and make you feel ashamed when you do the right thing . Every city has a Walmart or Shell gas station, those 2 cards are very easy to acquire, even with just above 500 score and they wont nickle and dime you to death!

Walmart requires that you have 4 months of staedy payments before they issue a credit increase and you can do that from their online account section! Just REMEMBER to wait the 4 months completely before submitting for the increase and VOILLA! You will be granted an increase and the very same applies to the Shell card. I started out in 2007 with both cards and they both have gone up $150 each period!! that's HUGE for increases and they are completely reliable, no calls and having to explain and beg for an increase.

Also here is a note and I know some of you will be a bit upset but unless your collections are fairly recent and you have made arrangements to pay or sent the PAY TO DELETE letter to them and they have agreed DON'T PAY! if they are several years old and soon to drop off, make NO attempt to pay it at all!!! This will keep it going and going and going!! They do have the right to continue to call, mail or scare you to pay almost indefinately but, they only have 7 years from the last date of activity to report it. It MUST BE REMOVED!! they can sell it a thousand times and the interest can mount to staggering levels but until they attempt through some legal actions which they can in some states FORGET ABOUT THEM! This the complete truth and no one seems to bother to explain this in simple english to anyone who isn't doing all that well with their score.

I sure hope this helps so many of you out there and it gives you back your dignity!!!

rgrayflorida's review was:

May 18, 2011 Reply

rgrayflorida(1, 26)

Review by rgrayflorida

You are so right about the creditors!!! Alot of people dont know that so thank you for sharing but I have to disagree on the WalMart card idea, I had a 605 and was denied, now it shows as an inquiry on my credit report :( this is possibly a fluke but it was awfully upsetting after working 3 years to get to a 600 ,  Shell or other gas cards are the best bet in my opinion, good luck everyone!

lemonhead76's reply was:

Jul 15, 2011

lemonhead76(1, 6)

Review by lemonhead76

Why'd you give them 5 stars?

julietjulian's reply was:

Jul 19, 2011

julietjulian(24, 122)

Review by julietjulian

Top Contributor

Good info, however I would like to ask. If a creditor sells an old debt does it still get deleted from your report based on the original account or the dates for the new owner of the account? Reason I ask is I have some real old accounts that by all rights should have deleted from my report, however since they keep getting sold they still actively show up on my report.

seekinghelpinSC's reply was:

Jul 21, 2013

seekinghelpinSC(1, 0)

Review by seekinghelpinSC

I really do thanl\k you for your information, for I am trying to rebuild my credit and noticed now that things are falling off I am getting calls galore. My sister did tell me not to touch it, but the funny thing is something my mother put in my name in 1995 is has a collector calling me and being quite rude I know they cannot collect, but I would appreciate more of your insight.

dafy2470's reply was:

Jun 21, 2011

dafy2470(1, 0)

Review by dafy2470

You are a Total Blessing!!! Thank you so much. Would very much like to get more insite on this. have bought 5 houses 3 went perfect last 2 ended in disaster literally flooded-mold insurance wouldnt pay even had flood insurance FEMA is a Joke!. The other arson house fire, title dispute. couldnt get homeowners wasnt in my name 3 days before judge ruled it was my house it burns imagine that. Got nothing! gave the house to the other party he claimed the homeowners. No credit for me or thinline. I gotta get credit to buy another house. Hope to hear back from u. Thanks, Mollieanna

mollieanna's reply was:

Jun 08, 2011

mollieanna(1, 0)

Review by mollieanna

what is your email i waqnt to ask you something

jeffreybruno's reply was:

May 24, 2011

jeffreybruno(3, 0)

Review by jeffreybruno

Is the WalMart card in-store only? I wouldn't mind giving them the interest money, but I am determined to not give them any more money than I need to, and wouldn't want to do my shopping at WalMart to improve my credit.

bridgetthewench's reply was:

Jul 06, 2011

bridgetthewench(2, 0)

Review by bridgetthewench

After going through Chapter 7 bankruptcy I ended up with no open credit and a score of below 600. I have not used any credit cards for about 2 years while going through a painful process of bankruptcy. Once I got the discharge I immediately started looking for two secured credit cards to begin fixing my credit. I applied for 4 different secured credit cards. Two were declined, one was approved as a secured credit card (Capital One) and Orchard Bank gave me a Platinum Non-secured MasterCard!!!! Even though I was applying for the secured!!! I got the card in about 8 days. Immediately activated it and started using it. 19 days since I applied for the card, the new account showed up on all of the 3 credit reports! And my score jumped up 25 points!!

There are no annual or activation fees the first year, 2nd year on its $39. A small fee I am happy to pay for the opportunity to help me reestablish my credit.

I do see a lot of complaints, but I got exactly what I expected, all positive here!

Thank you Orchard Bank SO MUCH!!! (So far so good!)

Dec 01, 2011 Reply

LOL at an Orchard rep posting this dribble.

mtkauff's reply was:

Jan 15, 2012

mtkauff(1, 4)

Review by mtkauff

This card sucks !   they are always messing you up with extra fees and sneaky fees.

clagos7's review was:

May 20, 2012 Reply

clagos7(2, 21)

Review by clagos7

I did not invite this bank to make any inquiry on my credit account.  Question is, can they simply make an inquiry without my permission??

streetshark1's review was:

Apr 30, 2012 Reply

streetshark1(1, 5)

Review by streetshark1

THey did the Same with me  ( twice) and it ticks me off-

should not be allowed since I did not contact them

tristecoeur's reply was:

Apr 04, 2013

tristecoeur(1, 2)

Review by tristecoeur

Read the fine print people. This card requires a $200 deposit and charges an annual fee of $59 EVERY year! SO in other words they will approve you for around $300 bucks and the first bill you will see $259 in charges plus a variable 15-25% interest on those charges! It should be illegal!

candacenaughton's review was:

Apr 14, 2012 Reply

candacenaughton(1, 5)

Review by candacenaughton

FINALLY..... i got my card yesterday.......it was

$320.00 cl w/$60.00 be deducted right away for annual fee.thats ok because i made a payment right away... On my way to good credit......

stretch20004's review was:

Jan 04, 2011 Reply

stretch20004(19, 6)

Review by stretch20004

Top Contributor

Sorry a** 300 dollar limit minus the fees. Did they even check my credit? Just 300 for everyone???

theheat71's review was: