Deserve® Edu Mastercard Reviews

Jul 31, 2018
Good Starter; Terrible for Use
ImportantInfo Cardholder

Alright, so this card is great if you have no credit history. I applied with $39k reported income, and a Discover It Student (2 months old) card and Amazon Store (1 month old) card. They gave me a $500 limit, and it has now been 9 months and I still haven't seen a credit limit increase.

Connecting my bank was an incredibly difficult process. The first time I tried, they didn't even have it listed as an option in search. I tried again later, and they had the bank. I tried connecting my account and they kept encountering difficulties. Took a month to connect my bank account, which is just insane when you have to have it connected for credit limit increases.

They sent me a chip card last month. After I activated it, they needed a password reset. Here goes another hassle. Kept trying and trying, but they never sent an email link to password reset. Had to email customer service, told I would likely get a response within 24 hours. 1 week later I got a response saying it is my email that is the problem, so I change emails. Finally got it fixed. But a new problem: THEY LOST MY REWARDS POINTS. Hundreds in purchases over 9 months and they just deleted all of the rewards.

If you have no other choice, this can get your credit started. They only report to Experian and TransUnion, not Equifax.

Jun 30, 2018
Horrible customer care and disrespectful
MacPacOneTwo Cardholder

Used it for two years but of late the collection agency have been calling even when auto pay was set and payments were done regularly. Use it as a student but switch to a better provider as soon as you get SSN.

Deserve® Edu Mastercard