Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 2,264
Data Created: October 01, 2013

111 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 111Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 12   Previous | Next

Credit Karma listed my chance for this card as Good.Denied within 2 days of applying with a Karma score of 651.Score also took a 9 point hit after applying.

fedexbobbyt's review was:

Feb 10, 2012 Reply

fedexbobbyt(2, 5)

Review by fedexbobbyt

I was approved instantly with a 5K limit with a CK score of 672.  This site uses Experian but I'm not sure what my score is with them.  I like all of the offers associated with the card, but will have to see how they actually work out.  The reviews here helped me choose which card to apply for.  It was between this one and Discover.  I have a Visa and MC both with a 2K limit.  The balance on both of those were around $900 each.  I also have a Kohls card with a small balance.  The 5K limit is nice to have.  I have a gross income of 65K, with a mortage and student loans that are on autopay each month.  I hope this info. helps someone decide on the best card for them!

txgbfan's review was:

Mar 13, 2011 Reply

txgbfan(1, 5)

Review by txgbfan

This was my first major (non-store) credit card and has treated me fairly well.  I got approved for 4k CL with something like a 6 or 9 month 0% APR intro period back in 2010.  I'm not sure if they made a mistake or if they were incredibly generous, since I've always made my payments on time and always pay way more than the minimum payment, but they extended my 0% APR period all the way to January, 2012 (should have expired July 2011, I even called them to confirm before the period was supposed to end).  Now that I've started to get charged interest, and the amount charged seems highly variable (boo, but I guess that's how it works) I'm paying off the card and leaving it alone.  The ThankYou points are kinda lame, but it's about as good as any other rewards program I suppose, and I have used them to get a few totally free items, statement credits, etc.  Overall I had a good experience but I would recommend never being late on payments with this card, it seems the other complaints about it involve late payments.

Gwenzors's review was:

Feb 14, 2012 Reply

Gwenzors(1, 3)

Review by Gwenzors

No complaints with citi yet.  I had my wife apply for this card yesterday.  She stated 55k household income.  CK score of 685 but fico of 695 for same report.  She had 2 charge offs over 5 years old.

she has her highest cl on a best buy card of 1500 and same with cap 1.  She was at 98 percent usage two months ago but paid her down to 38 percent usage and waited for it to post.

It initially did not give us a decision but then I googled a number and called it 888-201-4523.  I went through the prompts and said we could not approve you at this time.   It gave and option to speak with someone about your application.  I had my wife try it and offices closed.  Darnit.   I was hoping to speak to the underwriters in hopes they would reconsider.  Thought owell I will have her call in the morning.   It was like 3 am at the time.

Okay noon today called the number and was going to ask to speak about my  wifes app. or have her do it.  Then I hit the check app. status button again and went straight to customer service.  Not the same message I recieved last night when we called.   I had her talk to them and they said the app was approved.  No info. needed either.  I guess the way they do it they could not approve the application at the time because it was 3 am but business hours they must have reviewed and approved without us calling.  So I suppose they did not approve since they were closed.  lol.

Anyway approved 4k credit limit based on info. up above.

On a side note.  My credit karma score was 680 and I paid off from 99 percent utilization to 75 and my score fell to 647.  Was very discouraged.    Now my utilization is at 40 percent and it went to 654.  What the heck.  Estimator saying that my score will go to 669 when all my cards post as paid and down to around 5 percent usage.   Blows my mind.  I was wanting to apply for a elite type card or at least one of this stature and get a nice cli.  however with these scores did not think it would happen.  Was optimistic at first because my score was 680 at 90+ percent utilization.   Knowing I was paying off all cards I thought man mid 7s possibly.

Well last night enough was enough.  I pulled my wifes fico tu and my fico equifax I had to know for sure whats going on.    To my surprise my tu score which is 654 on here is 717 on fico.  I used there estimator on fico and it said when my utilization reports as it will under 5 percent my score will be a minimum of 737 but as high as 777.    This is fico.  Tu is the same score they use on here.    My equifax is 665 but same when my utilization post I will be at minimum 707 as high as 737.  Experian I do not know since ficos are not made public any more.  But there plus score when I was at 75 percent usage was 692 so I imagine the fico will be around 700 or higher especially when usage is under 5 percent.     Again not my wifes score on here is 685 and her real tu fico is 695.  This score was lower in both cases.  In my case way lower.  I have heard it going either way.   But I tried to give as much helpful info as possible on here.

Just please people be leary of scores here.  Fico offers a trial offer.   I also found this promo code I used last night that gives 25 percent off.  I used fico25   it worked for me.    Just google the free trial.  It is for score watch.  It will not give your full credit report on the free score but you score and estimator will be there.  The 25 percent option is good for all products.

Hope this helps.   Have a good day all.

toledobill's review was:

Feb 25, 2011 Reply

toledobill(25, 10)

Review by toledobill

Top Contributor

So on top of my wife applying I applied last week.  My credit karma score at the day of was 668 with 2 percent utilization.  aaoa 3 years.  If you read my review above I will add that this is about me applying.  My up to date fico I have not ideal.  Was at 717 for transunion for 38 percent utilization.  Estimate was going to be 750 to 770 is after posting 2 percent utilization.  I was just to cheap to buy another score but will tell you this.  I was approved instantly for 6500 dollars.  As I noted above do not believe in your ck score probably way high or low.  My wifes was only 10 points off though.

They pulled experian for me and my wife.  FIco experian scores are no longer available to the general public.  However my experian score according to them was 732 at the time.  My fico equifax is was 665  with 38 percent util.  It was estimated by them that it would be around 690 to 717.  However as I said they pulled experian for me and my wife.   No problems with citi yet.  these are the first cards I will have ever had through them.

toledobill's reply was:

Mar 07, 2011

toledobill(25, 10)

Review by toledobill

Great Intro & Beyond Card Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

This was my husband's first card. He got a $4k credit limit as a student with 12% APR. We have had this card now for 4 years, and they have had excellent customer service and a decent reward system with ThankYou points. Their online account features are some of the best I've seen. Easy to use auto-bill pay has been very reliable. I wish I had gone through Citi for my first cards. I have CapitalOne, and they have become so useless; my goal is to convert all of our cards to Citi in the next year or two.

Joshuarenae's review was:

Nov 17, 2012 Reply

Joshuarenae(2, 2)

Review by Joshuarenae

By "converting" do you mean close all of your cards and switch them out for Citi Cards? One rule for credit is to never close your oldest line of credit. That way, you have a very long credit history on file. Closing your oldest account could severely impact your credit score and thus, making it hard to get approved for new cards.

If that's not what you meant, then good luck! I've been a Citi Card customer for 6 years. I've got mixed feelings about them (namely their Platinum Select) but this card has been great to me :)

bonnesante's reply was:

Nov 19, 2012

bonnesante(30, 16)

Review by bonnesante

Top Contributor

Approved instant for $6.5K CL @ 21.99APR...Houston, TX pulled EQ @712 FICO. 45% existing UTIL of 14K across 4 cards, with BRAND NEW personal loan of 20K on file and 1.5yr old mortgage. 71K/yr income, 12 INQ on file, but 11 were >1yr old. AAoA 3.5yr, Oldest 10.5yrs. Hope that helps someone.

Highest initial revolving CL I had received, even with higher scores (albeit shorter history)...The Introductory APR is reasonable, but the high CL drops my UTIL and gets 5 stars from me.

FWIW, CK rated the approval odds as 'Fair' for me. CK score was 702.

Keroppi667's review was:

Apr 09, 2012 Reply

Keroppi667(1, 2)

Review by Keroppi667

Signed up a week ago and got approved with CK of 650 points.

Been a cardholder since 2008

Currently have: 3 Credit cards

BoA with credit limit of $1,700 (oldest one)

Chase with credit limit of $2,000

Capital One with credit limit of $1000

Citi offer me $3,000 credit limit and I am still a student.

Great Card with higher limit than those other banks I first opened with.

trancemode's review was:

Aug 06, 2010 Reply

trancemode(1, 2)

Review by trancemode

Love this card Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I have had this card since 2009. I don't remember any issues with application/approval, although I have never been denied for a credit card (helps that my parents got me one as soon as I was 18 to build credit history..I'm now 30. Also, I have had a citibank bank account since I was 5). I have racked up more points than I can remember in the past 4 years (somewhere in the 100k+ range; 33k this year as of end of october). I use it almost exclusively for restaurants (which for business travel helps greatly), and I take advantage of the thank you network store to double up on points.

Nov 11, 2013 Reply
Pretty decent card Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I originally started out with another CITI credit card(forget now what it was). I had them convert the card to the Citi Forward card. The benefits were just tad better.By the time I did this Citi was no longer offering 5x points in certain categories...at least for me it wasn't an option. Most likely because this wasn't a new application. i forget the exact details but if I make my payments and pay more than minimum(almost always PIF) I get some decent rewards. I get 100 points every month because of that and that doesn't cont the regular reward points for everyday spending. Also every quarter my APR goes down by .25%. Not how sure how low it will go down but right now my APR is just over 13%.

I have the points linke to Amazon and there are times I am getting $100 off purchases at Amazon cause of that.

Every year I do a CLI online and that gets done with a soft pull. i have done that the last 2 years and both times i got $1000 CLI's. I believe that was because at the time the few credit cards I had ...all the CL's were on average $2500. Since my last CLI request that situation has changed. Including 2 new cards, my CL average is way above that. I have recently learned that maybe I can do a CLI with Citi every six months instead of every year. i will look more into that. Either way, I expect the next time I do a CLI with Citi, that that its going to be much higher than $1000. though a $1000 CLI is still fine with me.

sergnh's review was:

Oct 29, 2013 Reply

Top Contributor

I did try the 6 month CLI online attempt and I got $1400  increase. Not to bad and I am not to dissappointed either because they just gave CLI of $1000 6 months ago( I did that online as well). Both were soft pulls. Its fairly easy to tell when it is going to be a hard pull or not. When its a hard pull you are going to have to fill out a bit more information and I believe(can't remember) it tells you its going to be a hard pull. When you hit the six month period since last CLI, it just asks you how much you want.

sergnh's reply was:

Feb 03, 2014

Pretty decent card Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

sergnh's review was:

Oct 29, 2013 Reply

Results 1-10 of 111Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 12   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Citi Forward® Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (111)

Top Similar Cards

Citi Cards holds the distinction of being the world's largest provider of credit cards, serving more than 150 million accounts and representing the largest consumer business within the global financial services giant, Citi. Citi Cards offers the full range of credit cards, from basic cards to rewards cards. Citi Cards also recently released what they claim to be the “second generation of credit cards”, the Citi 2G Cards, that carries a microchip that allows consumers to choose between credit or rewards points options embedded as buttons on the credit card's face. Citi Cards are available online or at Citibank branches, which offers basic banking, lending, and investment services.

One of the largest full-service banks in the world, Citibank is a major international bank serving more than 100 countries and 200 million customers. Citibank was founded in 1812 under the name City Bank of New York, and today is part of the global financial services giant Citi with the motto, “Citi never sleeps”.