4.1

May 21, 2018
Great to get rewards for every day use.

I love that this card offers purchase eraser. Using purchase eraser you can buy anything related to travel using this card and then use the miles you have earned to turn around and pay off the travel expense within 90 days. The card automatically shows you what is a valid travel purchase and allows you to click redeem. Then voila! Within 3 business days, you have yourself a credit on your account. The customer service is excellent, and I get alerts on my phone whenever a purchase is made. (Completely customizable in the settings). I also love that it is Visa and is accepted most places. It is a heavy metal card, so no worries about it breaking down from everyday swiping, and the number is on the back, so not easily seen by prying eyes. I get 2 times miles on any purchase, and they add up quickly with a family of three. The only negative thing I will say is that it comes with a 24% APR, so if you get this, plan on paying it off every month so you don't need to pay the ridiculously high interest rate.

Feb 17, 2017
Simple but Limited Rewards Structure

Upgraded to the Venture from Quicksilver last year and I recently converted my account back to Quicksilver. The main reason is although you earn double points for every purchase with the Venture, the annual fee means you need to spend at least 8,000 to break even and start earning reward dollars. Secondly, when you want to redeem the points for something other than travel (or what Capital One recognizes as travel) you only get 50% of the value on your point redemption. Example: I take a trip and want to use reward dollars towards an expensive restaurant; if I have 20,000 points, and I redeem them for the meal, they are only worth $100 instead of $200 if I redeem an airline purchase. So, if you're not smart, you could be paying the $59 fee each year, spending less than $8,000 on the card, and redeeming your points for half of their value -- essentially losing money using the card instead of making money from the bank. If you stricly redeem for airfare purchases or train tickets, and spend a great deal on other purchases, it can be very simple. As for me, I didn't like to make airline purchases using the Venture to make airline purchases because I earn more points using the Amex Premier Rewards Gold. I would rather redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards or Amex Membership rewards points because instead of 1:1 value when using points, I can earn a 2:1 or 3:1 ration when transferring to certain airlines or hotel partners. In the end, once I had accumulated substantial rewards, I converted the account back to Quicksilver and cashed out the points for 1:1 value. So now I have no annual fee but a guaranteed earning and redemption rate on my points. In conclusion, the Venture card is good if you want no frills and use the card exactly the way Capital One advertises, for travel,

Jan 23, 2022
Thanks cap one

Quick approval decent limit of 7500 my score was like 675 have 2 other cap one cards, they played a major role in getting a mortgage ty.

Dec 21, 2021
Never thought I would be writing this kind if revi

I have good credit, already hold Capital One (CO) cards which I actively use, and have an impeccable payment history with, and because I travel a lot, I decided that I needed a travel card. Applied for the this card. Since I now live out of the country, I would have expected to needed to answer a few questions. However, since I do still maintain my resident in the U.S, and the fact that CO have had to send me a new card to my resident here out of the country and I have this address as my billing address, I did not forsee what would take place. I applied for the card in October, and after sending numerous requested documents by international express delivery, I was told there was a problem, that I needed to send a document which I had already included in the packet. After getting passed around and waiting on hold (mind you, this was an international call), I was told to send that document anyway. I was given a fax number. Faxed the document and told to follow up in a few days. Waited a week and called yesterday. I was told they needed a document. The same document that was in the packet, and recently faxed, and by now it is late December. I told the representative that this process was way too long, so I withdrew the application. Called my credit Union, and told them that I needed a travel card. The credit union had me do an online application that took less than a minute to complete, and I was instantly approved for a CL of $20,000. And they expressed mailed the card to me. I should have it early next week. I had heard horror stories about CO but it had never happened to me until I applied for this card.

Dec 15, 2021
Very picky company

I have a 700 credit score and have four credit cards with no balance capital one always sends me offers and when I apply for them they reject me and when I called them and asked them why they had no explanation are they said it was you will see a letter in the mail and so time goes by and I’m constantly getting emails that I should apply apply apply why would I apply for you if you rejected me already I’ve already had a capital one card in the past and I closed it because their service is crappy another reason why you should not think about joining a big corporation such as them

Nov 25, 2021
Disappointed tremendously

I make decent middle class money and my credit score is a 795 with no derogs and low credit card utilization and this company will not increase my limit over 1000.00. I had the card over 2 years and they never have. They send me a letter with a different reason everytime. Meanwhile discover and citibank both give me increases into the 5 digit range. The only explanation i can come up with is they think they can force me into getting another one of their cards or they see that I am a smart consumer and dnt want to increase my limit because it will prevent me from getting larger rewards. My balance is rarely over 200 at a time and a lot of times its paid off every month. Between this and their horrible customer service reps that are robotic like in their conversations due to a language barrier and scripted responses this card and company is garbage. Im just going to let me time run out on these cards until they close my accounts.

Nov 05, 2021
Horrible!

I have to agree with you! they don’t care about customer service. i am currently going thru this right now. i was approved and two weeks later they restrict my account and request social, drivers license proof of address, bank statement and utility bill. customer service said it would take 7-10 business days and i’m on my 13th day waiting for my card to be un restricted. everyone tells you there’s nothing to do! so please don’t waste your inquiry on capital one! not worth it!

Nov 05, 2021
Dealing with their fraud department

I applied for this card and immediately was approved then suddenly had my account restricted because I needed to show proof I am who I am. I sent them all documents over but they kept having difficulty with my proof of residency (we live on military base) so I had a back and forth with them for FOUR MONTHS. After I submitted another proof of residency I didn't hear from the person handling my case for 6 weeks and I was calling weekly for an update on what was going on. The first 3 representatives tried helping and and notifying the person handling my case to look at my documents because they found it strange too that I haven't heard back but the person never called me back. The 4th representative told me that the document wasn't VALID after 3 others told me it was completely fine but because I didn't hear back from anyone they closed my account. I demanded to talk to a supervisor and the supervisor goes "Well we can't do anything now because its closed and it sounds like you couldn't prove your residency anyways." Excuse me? I gave you three different documents to show proof on top of the other 6 documents I sent over. Ridiculous.

Oct 16, 2021
Worst Customer Support Ever

I had this card for about two years. The cashback and travel points are great, but recently there was some fraudulent activity which I wanted to take care of. First there is no online dispute option and you have to give them a call. Then during the call they said that I need to fill some forms and provide some proof. Although the amount of dispute was very small. Every other card that I own does this automatically without need of a call or filling forms. I cancled my card and will never work with Capital one again.

Feb 04, 2021
Don't care about the customer

Horrible customer service. I disputed a charge from Expedia for a clear misrepresentation of a "luxury resort" in Mexico that my wife and I were going to stay at for our honeymoon. The place was not at all what was described on the website. There were many problems with the resort, but most egregious problems were the sanitation of the room, the water coming out of the faucets was brown, and they ran out of bottled drinking water. Expedia, also having horrible customer service, did nothing about it and has lost our business for life. Next we took our issue to Capital One and have spoken to several representatives, all of whom agreed that the charge was misrepresented. We were initially refunded our amount and followed the process of proving why we were disputing the charge. One of the steps is to provide a signed letter with a company letterhead from a competitor of Expedia showing that they would also consider this charge misrepresented. I explained to all of the Capital One representatives several times that I can't just call up Priceline and have them send me this letter. The Capital One representatives always agree with me on the phone and then I get a letter in the mail saying the charge will still be on my card because I failed to provide the signed letter. This is very confusing, frustrating, and shows that Capital One does not care at all about their customers. I will be cancelling my card and will never give them my business again.

Mar 02, 2020

This is a good starter travel credit card or a card for someone who wants to put in very little effort into a travel card. It's a flat 2% on everything and very easy to redeem with the purchase eraser. I outgrew this card when I wanted to really maximize my rewards.

Feb 29, 2020
Good "catchall" card, excels at nothing

I use this card when none of my targetted credit cards provide better rewards. The points are pretty competitive for regular purchases but targetted credit cards are always better in their respective categories. In spite of it being marketed as a travel card it really doesn't offer all that much when compared to other travel cards. Still, I rebuilt my credit with CapitalOne cards and they've always been good to me and this card has its place in my wallet. They're good on raising your limit if you use your credit responsibly and can show income and, aside from slow reporting to the credit reporting agencies, I have no gripes about how they do business. I will say it gets hacked more than my other cards even with me taking care where I use it. They don't hold me accountable for any of the charges but it is kind of a pain because new cards take a week or two to arrive once it gets locked after a hack. I'm not sure the thought process behind taking a long time to get a replacement card out to the cardholder so they can start spending money...