Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR 0% for 12 Billing Cycles

Oct 02, 2018
Awesome travel card
Girlwelltraveled Cardholder

I lived abroad and traveled abroad with this card and its fabulous. I also had my limit increased a year after I got it, so I'm not sure why other people did not get that. I love getting points for everything and no foreign transaction fees was a big yes for me!

Apr 27, 2018
Average, but great with Preferred Reward
AceThirteen Cardholder

The bonuses with Preferred Rewards are great. It has no annual fee. Customer service is generally awful, but so are some other major card issuers.

Jun 08, 2018
Anonymous Cardholder

Bank of America is the only bank who doesn’t raise your credit limit even after years of perfect payment history with them. Then when you apply for an additional card, they’ll deny you even after five years of perfect credit with them. Bank of America is shady and the absolute worst bank in America. I hate this bank.

Jul 26, 2018

I have to disagree. They raised my credit limit after paying off everything every month to more than triple what it was. They even did it without asking me first. They just sent me an email saying that because I was doing so well that they went ahead and raised it for me. My limit was way to high at that point so I had to change it back.

Aug 11, 2018

I completely agree! I had the BankAmericard Rewards card with with a $10k limit and after 10 years of perfect payments they only raised it by $1000 automatically. But on the bright side they changed the policy so requesting more credit is no longer a hard pull.

Aug 11, 2018

They have raised my credit multiple times and I didn't even ask because I'm never close to the limit. I started with like 600 and 4 years later is 20k.

Aug 17, 2018

Very very true!!!

Oct 09, 2018

I started with a limit of 11 or 12 thousand a few years ago and Now its at 18000. My spending habits haven't changed just because they increased the limit.

Oct 25, 2018

I completely disagree. My credit amount has been raised consistently over the last 5 years. Love this card!

Apr 13, 2019

What qualifies an individual for $10K+? Meaning, for those of you who have a limit of $10K+, what was your Credit score and income level when you applied please? Thank you!

Apr 15, 2019

I whole heartedly agree with you BOA is garbage, the Absolute worst Bank in the USA.

May 19, 2018
Have PIN wont travel
roxteddy Cardholder

Got this card exclusively for no foreign fees AND to be able to use a PIN in European countries. Tried at gas stations with PIN card refused every time. Lucky it was a backup to my Capitol one card :)

Jun 04, 2018

Was your PIN a 5 digit pin. Gas stations in Europe many times require 5 digit pin. I have used my card for years in Europe all over with out issue.

May 18, 2018
So far so giid
1marinaview Cardholder

I have boa accts and applied in a branch with a person. I received an immediate approval. No annual fee, $1k spent over 3 months for intro points, and since I have a boa acct the points are given an additional 10% boost.
This works for me.

Apr 27, 2018
Average, but great with Preferred Reward
AceThirteen Cardholder

Apr 25, 2018
Claims dept is very bad..
SanjayBajaj Cardholder

I have this card for 3 years now. In normal use, its ok card but if any wrong transaction happens or if you have any other claim ...forget it to be solved positively, customer is always at loss. They handle claims in worst manner with no clear reason of rejection or how they reached the decision on the claim.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 147
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card