Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 559
Data Created: October 01, 2013

61 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 61Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Approved for $9900, CK = 714, EQ = 758. I have a mortgage, student loans, a personal loan, an auto loan, and about $3000 in credit card debt, all paid on time, good utilization, but high inquiries (this makes #7 - oy). This offer seemed pretty sweet because it included 30,000 free miles if I make $500 in purchases in the first 3 months and has 15 months of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. I just activated it today. Probably the most frustrating thing is that you get an instant credit decision, but no info about how big your credit line is until you get the package. I applied Monday, got it today (Saturday).

Sep 22, 2012 Reply

1-866-314-0237 call this number. You will get your balance.

bommadi's reply was:

Feb 21, 2013

bommadi(4, 18)

Review by bommadi

I have had a combination of Amex Blue/Blue Cash/Blue Sky for the past nine years, and Blue Sky is the best for my needs.  I like the simplicity redeeming points by crediting my statement; no blackout dates or restrictions whatsoever.  And having American Express at your back when transactions go sour has saved me a lot of hassle and time.  Whenever I transact through eBay or PayPal, I always use my Amex card...when the loser merchants or sellers either don't ship or refund my money, Amex sends their hounds to the merchants to get my money back.  No matter the amount of the dispute, be it $40 or $400, Amex always comes through.

adiccion's review was:

Nov 25, 2010 Reply

adiccion(1, 18)

Review by adiccion

Be careful! I had a Transunion credit score of 727 and was declined.

WilliamBruce's review was:

Mar 18, 2009 Reply

WilliamBruce(1, 14)

Review by WilliamBruce

I had 760+ and was denied by Barclaycard. Still waiting to see the reason. What was your reason?

Itsmejm's reply was:

Jan 18, 2010

sanchez61(1, 1)

Review by sanchez61

got approved Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

just got approved with ck 738.came to America two years ago as a student and I have 3 credit card now. my advice never apply for credit cards,just pay all  your balances and wait to be preapproved for this card. its all about patience..waiting for my card in the mail

almerinno's review was:

Feb 11, 2013 Reply

almerinno(1, 8)

Review by almerinno

We Use This Card 99.9% of the Time Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

The introductory period gave us great points. Now, it's just 1 point per dollar spent on everything. We use it for everything from groceriesr to gas to cable TV/Internet to various other spending. We then just pay it off every month. Since this all stuff we have to buy anyway, with Blue, we get a little something in return.

The travel rewards work the easiest for us as there are no blackout dates to deal with. Just find the best price on everything and buy it. All qualifying travel purchases are eligible for the travel rewards where you surrender 7500 points for $100 in statement credit. We only spend $1600 to $2500 per month, so it takes a little while to gather points. But after our latest trip to Hawaii, with what we spent prior and what we spent there, we had almost enough credits to cover one of the airline tickets.

As long as membership for this card remains free, we will keep using it as our primary card. However, we know that someday they may decide to charge membership fees for it. When that happens, we will look elsewhere.

wiseman1's review was:

Oct 03, 2012 Reply

wiseman1(1, 7)

Review by wiseman1

Amex is easy to get a basic charge card, hard for credit card , open a zync card start a relationship with amex than apply for this after a year.

nbirnbaum2's review was:

Nov 19, 2010 Reply

nbirnbaum2(243, 355)

Top Contributor

Review by nbirnbaum2

Top Contributor

LOVE!! Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Responded to mail offer (30,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in first 3 months).  Was approved instantly, but didn't know what my available balance was.  Called 1-888-826-3471 and found out my limit was $16k!  Credit score is around 720.

Although you only earn 1 point per $1 spent, keep in mind that you only need 7,500 points for $100.  So, you're earning at a rate of 1.33.  Pretty much ALL other travel reward cards require 10,000 points for $100.  Plus, Blue Sky is the ONLY card that allows you to book your travel yourself, meaning you can shop for the best deal and make your points stretch farther!!!  My other reward card requires AT LEAST 30,000 points (usually more) for a RT domestic flight.  With Blue Sky, I can find my own flight, usually a cheap flight on Orbitz or Expedia, and usually only have to use 15,000 points to cover the ticket cost.

Highly recommend.

Oct 19, 2013 Reply
Approved with 656 credit score Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Very pleased that I was approved with a lower end credit score. Approved for credit limit of $1300 which is fine for me.

juhren's review was:

Aug 04, 2013 Reply

juhren(1, 4)

Review by juhren

Approved CK 744 with $7500 limit.

PathibharaDevi's review was:

Dec 28, 2010 Reply

PathibharaDevi(1, 4)

Review by PathibharaDevi

Love this card! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Never had any issues with them!  I just "cashed" in on my rewards for American Express gift cards and I will use these American Express gift cards and flip them as a fundraisers!  Great way for extra quick cash to pay off the card, earn more rewards and keep the cycle going until my rewards pay for themselves all the while I build up my credit score more!

Fmoya's review was:

• Balance Transfer Regular APR Yes
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% for 15 months
  • Purchase Regular APR 17.24% – 22.24%* Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (61)

Top Similar Cards

American Express is the world's largest card issuer by purchase volume, catering to high-spending cardmembers around the world. American Express offers personal, small business, corporate, prepaid, and charge cards. American Express stands out in the credit card industry for its cardmember services, such as concierge service and loyalty programs, and its charge cards with no pre-set spending limit, such as the Centurion, or "Black card”, known for its exclusivity and elite features.

Headquartered in New York City, American Express is a global financial services company that provides financial products, processes transactions, and facilitates payment services to consumers and merchants. With its iconic Roman gladiator logo, American Express operates in over 130 countries around the world.

Blue Sky from American Express®