Question

MGSBoca

Your transunion score 0f 785 disputes FICO Transunion (same org), which is 734
Title provides a good summary....I can't figure out the issue, if there is one.
I used credit.sesame and got I believe equifax score of 745. The 785 score with Karma has fluctuated between 780 and 800 for years. Can't understand the smoke and mirrors here. Does anyone have a clear idea? Also how does increasing a card's credit ceiling above 50% utilization impact scores...yes, I understand the issue of "algorithms" <G>...I just increased the one card that had higher than that figure today...all other cards, about 6 have significantly lower that credit ceilings. Just a point to help. Thank you...main thing is that discrepancy between Discover's reported Transunion score and CreditKarma...Who am I to believe and why. Thank you very much all.

,g.

Most Helpful Response

Believe it or not, both scores from TransUnion are accurate, but the score that counts the most would be your FICO scores followed by your Vantage Scores. FICO is used by just about all lenders while Vantage is being adopted by a few lenders and slowly growing. The TransRisk score that Credit Karma uses is the original score offered here, but lenders wont see that one.