Question

tirstboi777

Your previously unused WI ELECTRIC account is now reporting a balance.
Why is a utility bill being listed as an "unused account"? I use it every month and pay it on time every month. Two questions; is this account being processed wrongly as a credit card? Does this balance effect my score negatively every month?

It shouldn't hurt your credit rating

Personally I wish all our auto pay utilities would report to the credit agencies. We have had the same utility company reporting on only my husband's credit report for several years already, I wish they would also report on mine since the account is in both our names.  It hasn't changed his numbers. If anyone actually would pull and read your report it would show you pay your utility bills on time. I'm old enough, that all of those used to be required proof in order to obtain a credit card. Today, no one even checks to see if you pay them on time. We've never missed a payment on our three in 15 years, but since we don't have credit cards we're considered a poor risk for getting one. No, it's not considered a credit card.  I would guess it helps keep track of the customers that run up bills, then skip town and try to apply for new utilites somewhere else.

WI ELECTRIC BILL $640

October 23, 2014 this $640 was paid in full.  I called them today 1/16/2015 and they said that the balance was paid in full and that the credit bureau has not updated the update that they reported as paid in full.  They said that you contact them to reverify that it is paid in full so that is then removed from my credit score !  Please do so ASAP.  Thank you