Question

thom99

Your credit card offer will cost me money. I don't pay any interest and earn a dividend on balances.
You should remove your credit card offer as it is not sound advice. I never pay interest and earn a dividend on my balance. If I give up my current card it will actually cost me more money in the long run. I ask that you do your homework on credit card terms before suggesting transferring balances.

Most Helpful Response

To accept an offer or decline it is a matter of free choice.  You are not being forced to make a change.  And the Credit Karma site is free to users, but Internet sites cost money to set up and maintain.  Someone has to pay for it.  The credit card companies who offer the cards do this.  

I haven't taken an advertised card because I found a better deal with my credit union.  Free choice!!

Please read the articles and utilize the financial tools on this site.  Credit Karma was set up to provide information and tools to help people learn how to properly handle credit and make credit work for them. But it will only work if you use it.

balance transfer cards with 0% APR and no balance transfer fees like chase slate are great for people who carry balances and qualify for the card. 

I agree that carrying a balance is a bad idea but not everyone is fortunate enough to pay off all their bills, especially if they incur unexpected expenses such as medical, costly home/auto repairs or loss of income. a low fee balance transfer can buy time for the person until they get back on their feet.

No one is saying to give up your current card. In fact credit karma recommends against closing your accounts. To have options is a fantastic thing, and a better credit score allows you more and more.