Question

mekontaw13

you try to keep your credit utilization low, they lower your limit un expected, what can you do?

Call them and find out why they lowered your limit.

I too would like to know the answer to that one.  Sears opened up 3 accounts for me that I didn't really want.  If I close those accounts it will hurt the score.  So I have done nothing.  But since I don't use the cards they have lowered the open to buy.  So in other words my score suffers anyway.  I really would like to close the Sears cards just for the principal of it.

loralie5974

And they said the reason was because of my in activity.  Which is not fair, but they said I signed the agreement.  But I would not have if their sales clerks were not so persistant.  You almost have to agree to open an account just to shut them up!