Question

Ipromiseyou

You don't have to write a letter to dispute something on your credit report
You don't have to write a dispute and claim letter. I filled out forms under my membership with Equifax to dispute information about accounts on my credit report. I was so advised I didn't have to write a letter. / No result. No answer, because you don't want to answer. If you can answer like that it means you were able to read it in the first place. That's OK I will just post it where everyone else can see it, without your response and help.

There is a credit card on my report, it's closed. But it's not mine. It was my mothers. And she is dead now. I don't care about the 7 year rule. It's not mine. I don't even have one.

Most Helpful Response

Where you an Athorized User on the credit card? If so, then it is righfully on your credit report. If not, be sure - call the credit card company with the last 4 digits of the account # which you should find on your credit report and confirm if you were an authorized user. If not, ask THEM why THEY are reporting it to your credit history. THE CREDIT CARD is doing this NOT Experion...Experion only reports what is reported to them, they are terrible with disputes - go to the source, the credit card company...