Question

amanda47274

Yesterday I applied for a secured credit card. Today my credit score is now 34 points lower=( Why?

Most Helpful Response

Carefully check your recent report activity here on Credit Karma. If there isn't enough information here on CK, then you can check all 3 reports for free once a year at annualcreditreport.com. A hard inquiry from applying for a credit card shouldn't affect your score as much as you are describing (typically only by a few points, not 34).

same here

Credit Karma recomended I apply for a new credit card... ( I didn' need it). Lowered my score 27 points

same here

The same happened to me. I applied for an unsecured credit card yesturday according to credit Karma it would be good to rebuilt credit and today my score is down by 6 points