Question

Linsgin

WTF do they base this score on? It's as if the system is designed to keep people in perpetual debt
No late payments, less than 30% of my limits are being used, nothing in collections. It doesn't like that I pay my debt off in a reasonable amount of time (about three years on average). HOW is that a bad thing? I have a loan and three credit cards open. That is all I would ever be able to handle on my income. How is being responsible hurting me? The system has to be flawed, it doesn't make sense. Then I go to the Credit Simulator and create a scenario based on what they say would raise my score, and it plummets. I'm telling you, the credit system in the US HAS to be designed to make sure everyone is helplessly in debt. It doesn't make sense with any other explanation.

Please read the articles on this site so you can learn how credit works and how to build a good credit score since that is the purpose of Credit Karma.  It's not how much debt you have but how your credit actions have proven your trustworthiness in paying back the debts.  Paying accounts off quickly to reduce the amount of interest you pay and using less than 20% of available credit is the goal to strive for.  I was trained in accounting and learned a lot through these articles.  You can, too.