Question

Jamgee

Wrongfully reporting 0% credit utilization
It is being shown on July 5th that I utilized 0% of my credit card. How is that when I charged three things in the month of June? On June 12 I charged two things and June 30th and July 1st I charged something. On June 27th I paid off the June 12th charges early. Granted with my statement cutting on the 6th of every month, I know that the one on June 30th would not show up but why didn't the other ones show up? My actual bill is not due until August 3rd since I just got this credit card at the beginning of June 2014. Any help would be greatly appreciated please. I saw where my score dipped -8 points because of this.

Most Helpful Response

Please look to the left side of this page under resources and begin reading the articles so you can get a better understanding of how credit works and the importance of the closing dates and due dates in the billing cycle.  This is valuable information not taught in school and many people are suffering for that lack of knowledge.  Providing that knowledge is what Credit Karma is all about.

Jamgee

Thanks jwsister. I completely agree. In fact, I have found that most people who work with credit such as in banks do not completely understand it either. That has left me wondering who can you reallly talk to? The loan officer that helped us get the credit card refused to believe that you should only spend 30% of your credit limit at one time and to keep it lower would be better. But I know I have seen that mentioned several times on different discussions.