Question

lbarron516

Wrong credit card utilization reported?
I recently opened a GE Capital credit card for an appliance purchase - the limit started at $1,500, and I'm paying $150 a month until it's paid off. Each month, the total limit of the card goes down (so after paying $150 the first month, my limit is $1,350) Why is Credit Karma showing me as utilizing 100% of that card? Is that what GE Capital would be mistakenly reporting, or is that a Credit Karma thing?

The card's limit shouldn't be going down as you pay on it. To me, it seems like it is a finance loan being mistakenly reported as a credit card.