Question

allan0918

written off credtit cards
I have paid off all my collection of my report.. I did a settlement with and old cc to get it settled and off as written off.. the collection agency lied and all it did was subtract the 3 payment I made from the total.. putting it back as active now my credit utilization and payment is a lot late by adding old cc from 5 or 6 years since been active.. I keep calling but they don't do anything about it.. Why send me payment arrangement to clear off acct when I shouldn't even had paid it .. it would have been not active and almost to the 7 years and get removed .

You always have to be careful dealing with items like this as you can make the derog recently active.  If you have a written agreement from the CA I believe you can file a complaint with the CFPB.