Question

brodixie

wow why did i get hit so hard on my credit for applying for a walmart card and a fingerhut card...
On my trans union i hit REALLY HARD with a 31 points down why??.. and on my Equifax Almost the same points why i worked so hard to fix what little of credit i had for the past 7years and they still have me as paying late in some of history please can someone share some light on me !!!

help

can someone please help me out

You were hit with hard inquiries and dropped your average account age with 2 new accounts added to your credit report. As long as you use those cards in a good manner such as making payments on time and using less than 20% of the available credit limit on those cards then your credit score should go back up in several months as the hard inquiries will less of an impact on your score and your account age should go back up to where it was prior to applying for the new credit.

That would be quite the hit for a couple of inquiries, but if the accounts hit your reports by now then as already said your "average age of accounts" would have been reduced and that decreases scores too. If you can afford to pay for them, it is good to look at your FICO scores now and again to see where they are and how they react to different actions.