Question

cnob

would like to refi my home lone, qualify for fanie mae backed mortgage only not freddie mac.
have filed bankruptcy over 4 years ago, and had a foreclosure under the bankruptcy, per Fannie Mae guidelines I would qualify, but most lenders require you qualify for both Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, Fannie Mae has a rule that if your foreclosure was part of the bankruptcy the wait time before you qualify for a conventional loan defaults to the bankruptcy time frame of over 4 years. Is there a broker or lender out there that would use only Fannie Mae ? I am looking to get rid of my PMI, all other qualifications are in line ??

Try asking your Bk attorney, they should have a list of potential lenders that will work with you. At least mine did.... Good luck my friend....