Question

smartchicka9

would like to close oldest credit card
I opened a secured card 9 years ago to start rebuilding my credit. My credit is much better now, but this card only has a 500 limit (they charge you to reevaluate for a limit increase) and they charge me $6/month for credit protection and then annual fees. I don't use the care, I have better ones with more benefits. I have 1 card that is 7 years old and 2 that will turn 7 in December. Can I go ahead and close this card without doing a lot of damage to my credit?

Most Helpful Response

YES because your average isn't over 9 years you won't see a large drop and with such a low limit it shouldn't affect your utilization majorly