Question

Whatever1300

Would closing my newer accounts improve my Age of Credit?
Age of Credit History We calculated your age of credit history by averaging the ages of your open credit accounts. So if I close my newer credit accounts would that improve my Age of Credit History? I think it is lame they average it, because I have some accounts that are over 10 years old but since it’s an average my new accounts are making it seem like my credit history is only 3 years old. This is something that should be included in the simulator.

Most other scoring models use both open and closed accounts into your age/varage of credit. We have 100s score models out there, don't focus too much on any one of them. My avarage age of credit here is just 10 months, but in FICO score models and in many other credit site's credit summaries? it's bit over 4 years.