Question

jasminear21

would a car dealership paying off your old car loan help build your credit score?
I traded in my old car and they paid off the balance and I then took a new loan out for the new car. I'm wondering if that would help build my credit.

Most Helpful Response

Yes it will!  Make sure you make all your payments on time.  It may take a few months before your score increases.

Yes it would

Yep, I traded in a car, got a new one.  Older one paid off and boom, credit score dropped a lot..   Doesn't make sense cause I never missed a payment on the old vehicle either.  Was always on time and always paid more than the amount due each month.

will drop!

I am trying to clean my credit up & thought trading in would help to build mine jus got on tonight to see how much i boosted dropped 35 pts!! THE SYSTEM IS WACK even tho i work hard for my community as a nurse i struggle to provide d/t credit because its so hard to build how bout i go to work pay my bills on time mind my business may i have my home loan plz???

I want to refinance my auto loan if I disagree with the new terms is it considered a inquiry on my credit report

why does it take so long

Why does it take so long for you credit score to reflect paying off your car?

Can i

If I have a title loan on a vehicle can I take it to the dealership and they pay it off with the trade in of my vehicles

yes it will help, it will have you in good standing saying you paid your car off early and on time. 

Lien on title

If I have a car title loan out on my vehicle can I take it to the dealership and trade it it in and the will pay it off???

paying off car loan

would paying off a car loan in full increase my score

4jdown

My credit score went down about 20pt. after I paid off my car that I had for the full 60mo term, I would always recomend keeping the loan for as long as possible to maintain your credit score unless you are planning on taking out a new loan.