Question

tripleee07

Wondering if I should pull my real FICO score?
I have been working on my credit to get my score to about 640 to qualify for an FHA mortgage for about a year and a half now. I have closed any collections I had and have made all payments on time. According to CK, Quizzle, and sesame my score should be around 618. When I last had my credit checked with my mortgage broker CK was about 30 points lower then my FICO score, so because of this I checked with my mortgage broker who pulled my report again and my FICE is at 548 according to them. I just about lost it. I have no idea why my score dropped so drastically since April. I am thinking I should pull my report from FICO myself and see what it is. I just can't believe it would be that low. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

It is a must during building or rebuilding. FICO scores are the only ones that you should be truly worried about. Do some reading on "Goodwill Letters" these are letters that you will send to collection companies asking for deletions on the accounts that you have paid. Do you currently have what is needed to build a good profile? Do you have three credit cards and one installment loan that are reported to all three credit bureaus? You will need that to get started, even if they have to be Secured lines of credit.

tripleee07

I did end up pulling it yesterday, my score was 586 for equifax and and transunion and 580 for EQ. I currently have two car loans and three creit cards all of which report to all three departments. Can you explain the "Goodwill Letters"? Is there anything in there I should include, does it have to be a letter or can I call them? I think having that removed would greatly help my credit. I need to purchase a house very soon so doing the baove and paying my credit balance down will hopefully help me get to 640 within the next few months.

You can do some Google searches and you will find Goodwill Letter templates to give you an idea as to what to write and what information to include. To give you the basics, send them your name and account number, address, etc. and an apology and/or explanation and beg them to remove the account and explain to them why it is so important to you that they remove it (getting a home for your family, etc.). Good luck and keep trying if you are denied or ignored, goodwill requests can sometimes take several attempts before they are successful if they do succeed. It is usually better to write rather than call, but you could call if you wanted, by a written letter would probably be much better. Like I said, do some research on a search engine.